Chapter 37 The Library

On the day of her final exam of half year, Riley woke up shivering again, tears falling down and sweating. She had yet another dream which she could now not remember but was terrified of.

Slipping out of bed, she noticed the lights of her room were off, when she remembered them to be working when she went to bed. Clutching a nearby book of hers, she got up, still afraid of the darkness, and turned on the light.

She had woken up before her alarm rang, and she turned it off, the alarm was getting unbearable day by day. She drank her hot water from the thermos, and felt a little better. Then remembering her revision was still left, she ran quickly to get ready and have extra time.

As she reached down, Myles and Christopher were sitting there, opposite to each other. Myles' head was in his book while Chris was idly drinking his coffee. She sat down, trying not to make much noise, in which she failed.

Myles looked up, his pencil held in a peculiar way, as if he was going to stab someone. Riley looked at him warily when Chris saw her expressions, "don't worry, he saw a scary movie last night"

She relaxed fractionally, but still, her legs were shaking. She looked around, hoping she'd see Jason or Theodore and sighed of relief when she saw Jason.

Jason looked at her, and noticed her posture, and mentally calculated the chances of his sister having a nightmare. 100%.

Riley smiled at him, and he smiled back, keeping their tiffins on the dining. As all the teens were leaving after packing their lunch boxes, Jason called Riley, "Alex wished you luck for your exam"

He saw how relaxed she felt, as she looked back smiling. 'Tell him I said I'll do my best' her smile told.

"And go with Myles!" He called, as she showed a thumbs up.

She got out, and as per the unspoken agreement, Chris and Myles took different cars again, and she sat behind Myles, who was already looking tense.

She knew she had to talk.

"Is it Maths today?" Riley asked, gathering all courage she could.

"Yes, is it social studies ?" Myles asked.

"Yes" Riley said, pulling out her book once again, " Best of Luck, you'll do well"

"All the best to you too sorellina" Myles said, and she knew that he was smiling too, just like she was.

"Myles I wanted to talk about an incident" Riley said suddenly, the clown hadn't left her mind yet, and she wanted to tell him that it wasn't their fault.

"We'll talk later Sorellina" Myles said, looking at her from the front mirror, and she nodded deflated.

She knew that what she did was wrong, but she wanted to tell him how bad she was feeling today, and scared.

Only if she knew how bad day it was today.

"We are not talking about today's paper" Amber said, putting her books down with a slam that Riley winced.

She was not going to talk about the exam anyway, she was feeling exhausted.

"At least the exams are over" Sophie said, throwing her arms up dramatically. Nancy was quietly filling her bag, her expressions unreadable.

Riley looked at Nancy, eyebrows up, as if asking if she was alright, and Nancy nodded, giving a light smile.

"Regular schedule from now onwards?" Riley asked, looking at Amber.