Chapter 35 French fries

"Worst paper ever" Riley mumbled, clutching her exam-board and walking besides Amber, behind of Nancy and Sophie.

"Tell me about it-" Amber said, sighing, "- it went down in Physics."

"I don't remember what Thylakoids are" Riley said, waving her hands in air, and noticed Eliza waving at her where she was with rest three. Riley turned to tell Amber that she was going, but she saw that she was behind, talking with Parker.

Shrugging, Riley ran towards them, nearly colliding into someone, who was going in opposite direction and hurriedly spoke an apology before continuing to go forward.

Reaching there, she saw Fred and George looking at someone behind her in disapproval, although she first thought it was her earning their look.
Moon waved her hand in front of their faces, to make them regain their senses.

"What's wrong with you two?" She said, as Riley looked in the direction they were looking in, but George spoke up, making her look back in front, "nothing, let's go, we have to discuss our paper" He said, gaining back his crooked grin.

Fred started walking, and as rest were going to follow him, he stopped. And rest just barely controlled getting knocked by each other.
"George, put your hands on Riley's shoulders" He suddenly whispered, "if you are comfortable Riley" He added.

Riley nodded hesitantly, clutching her eyes shut incase the old wounds still pained, but George just put his hand lightly on her shoulders, earning a thumbs up from Fred, who was grinning maliciously, looking at someone else, and Eliza and Moon looked impressed.

"Perfect for making your crush jealous" Eliza clapped, as Moon laughed.

"Turn around and look for yourself Riley, he's boiling" George laughed too, as Riley turned. Parker was gaping a bit, Amber looked shocked, Nancy and Sophie were dying laughing, Katie and her friends were looking curiosily and even Ryan looked electrocuted.

Even Riley had to admit it was fun, she had to try hard not to laugh and turned around, George's hand still rested lightly on her shoulder. But the good thing was that she wasn't feeling any pain, the wounds had turned into scars.

They had reached the empty parking lot and then, "Riley" A voice came, and she freezed. George suddenly removed his hand from her shoulder, and the teens turned around to face Christopher Piers.

"Care to explain who he is?" He asked, his hands folded. Myles wasn't there even now, even in the morning they had taken separate cars.

"He's my friend George" Riley gulped, but didn't stutter.
All of the rest looked nervous, and she was scared, what if he hit her? It were more like two months, but she still was afraid of him and Leo.

"And this 'friend' of yours had a hand on your shoulder?" Chris asked, tapping his foot, waiting for an answer.

I kind of twisted my ankle, and Eliza and Moon went to the infirmary, they just came back and Fred and George helped me up
This lie could help her right now, but Chris would see through it.

"She stumbled and I held her" George said, taking the suicidal initiative.
"But it's not what you think it is, she's my friend" He added.

"Well couldn't Riley tell this by herself?" Her brother mocked, looking at her, eyes sparking dangerously. She knew he still wasn't assured.

"He is my friend, nothing else" She said, walking in front. Chris gave her a hard look and sat in the car, and she turned around, looking for Myles, but even his car wasn't there.

"Much better in making me smile than you" Riley mouthed, as none of her friends understood what she was mouthing. She sighingly waved at them, as all four gave her concerned looks.