Chapter 23 pt 2 Near Her

As Malika Jerome was being hospitalized, Theodore was inside the room, with the main doctor Jaden who was examining some scars on her body. To Theo, they looked faded. Indeed they were deep, but looked poorly healed, unprofessionally.

He was trained for this. He had known that there must be someone to take care of these reckless boys. They were his only family.

"Theodore, she's malnourished, and there isn't a proper treatment to her wounds, it's good they haven't started getting worse. We will admit her here, and need to remove those stitches." Jaden said, bringing Theo back to present, and explaining need of each medication she was needed to take.

When Theo came out, Riley was the first one to run towards him, followed by Aurora and Parker. Ryan just got up, and looked from afar. He had expected this. Malika was indeed trustable. After all, it was because of her they found Riley's address, even if they were too late.

"How is she?" Riley asked, her eyes puffed.

"She has to renew her stitches, and get some nutrition, she is malnourished. And head docs are doing it" Theo informed them. His little sister looked utterly downcast. She had her hands folded around, hugging herself tightly until Aurora side hugged her.

Theo knew how Riley felt a bit. Even with five brothers, he was used to by himself. Not that they didn't like him, but he himself thought that he didn't belong. And when you believe something, it's hard to talk yourself out of it, and sometimes you failed yourself.

Parker was even more worried, he never had the guts to tell Riley that he had played a huge role in this. And he had swore to himself that he would always keep his best friend safe. But how could a ten year kid know that his words cost Riley her four worst years?

In that, when he knew Riley was being abused, he couldn't do anything. And he left her at the time he cared the most about her. It was just the time he had started noticing her as more as just a friend.

But he was afraid. The girl who he had thought that was no more than a friend, was now becoming someone else to him. And this worried him, he had ruined her life.

Alexander was outside, with Leo, Myles and Chris. They had insisted the Hemmings, Eric and even Cale to go home, but the Sanders were still outside, waiting for their family inside. No one was speaking, and all looked tense. All were thinking the same thing.

"So it was Derek's work then" Herzer spoke up, looking directly at Alex. Alex sighed before replying, "We think so too uncle, no one just randomly turns up after four years unless they have escaped." He said, putting his suspicion.

They had received the letter too late. They had no contact. What they knew was the letter was written four years ago, and someone had stopped it from reaching them. Next day, the car crash happened. Even if next day they rescued Malika from the car, they were too late. There was a burnt body.

Alex had felt a bit relieved (although he never admitted that) when he came to know that Riley was with Malika, not Kate.

He hated her with a seething passion during those days. And even Jason agreed, she was too harsh on him about his younger siblings. And their father was too busy.

He knew all of them won't do this to Riley.

Riley wasn't feeling really well. She was getting sleepy, but she knew she couldn't sleep, until her mom woke up. She finally had some hope, hope to go anywhere but only with her.