Chapter 19 Questions

Fun started when all returned soon, they all seemed unfazed and not tired, if Riley could say, most looked happy. They went for the movie and Ryan was correct, it was Top Gun : Maverick.

Riley watched it thinking a bit about how she lost her habits. She was once again between Parker and Maria, but barely ate the popcorn.

Parker had tried to hold her hand like they did while watching movies on sleepovers at his home. But the butterflies in her were that strong as before, and she pulled away dismayed.

Ryan was awfully quiet for someone who had guessed the correct movie, and kept giving looks at Parker, as if he wanted to talk, while Parker's attention was fully at the movie, but still an expression on his face, which Riley was totally aware about.

Sorry Parker, trust issues.

Amber, Riley had thought, was bragging about all her stuff and her friends and was with twins, who were listening to her while watching movie, but she wasn't. Maybe Riley misunderstood her.

But the twins gave her the attention, Riley thought. Attention even she wanted from someone when she was a kid. But she never really got it.

She couldn't really focus on movie now. She looked back, to see Jason sitting in row behind her, and smiled at her. She smiled back, or at least she thought it was a smile.

Riley, Amber and Maria talked all the way about Tom Cruise and somehow all boys were annoyed and said goodbye as they returned home.

It was at 10:30pm Riley back to the house and she was feeling a lot sleepy. One thing she had ignored was the pain in her legs and stomach. Her shoulder didn't hurt anymore, but she needed to sleep.

"Riley" Jason called, making her half sleepy self turn around tiredly.

"Yes?" She asked, picking her thermos from where she kept it before going, and putting some water for heating.

"We have breakfast at eight on weekends, as you, Myles and Chris need some rest and better sleep. So I hope you don't mind." He informed her.

Riley said a "no that's fine" in the process of pouring water in her thermos.

"And Alex told me to tell you that if you want, you may go to the therapist with him, to work a bit on your Bipolar problem" He said, nervously.

Ah Chris you little-

"Yeah ok, I will tell him tomorrow, or should I tell you to tell him because he can't speak to me himself?" Riley asked sarcastically, but in a very low voice. It was as if someone said that word, and she really wanted to behave like that.

"We know about this as from when you were young" He said suddenly and added something that made her guilty but more afraid:

"And you may tell him yourself, he had a call right now, so told me to tell you as he thought you looked sleepy." He said.

Riley hadn't meant to be rude, This problem just keeps increasing.

Please don't give me a punishment. She hoped desperately.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it, I swear!" Riley blurted suddenly, afraid. She would get a rather harsh beating when she acted bipolar, and this would get to that stage if she didn't apologize.

Jason heard her, and with every word Riley spoke she saw his eyes widening. He clenched his fists.

'No-
he- he's my brother right? He won't hurt me, or maybe he would?'

"Good night Riley, you are sleepy and blabbering. Go get some sleep" Jason said suddenly, regaining his posture. He smiled at her, a normal one, unlike Derek, who did exact opposite.
The sound of that belt still rung in her ears. And the spots he hit, they hurted too.