Chapter 13 Okay

"Parker get back here!" The nine year old Riley had shouted as she ran behind him. It had just rained and their mothers had let them get out to play. They both were sitting and laughing at their kids while chatting. Riley was chasing him because he had snatched a flower from her hand.

"You will hurt me!" He shouted back and in doing so, he tripped down. Riley couldn't control her speed and hit him and fell down beside him. They just looked at each other and started laughing.

"Five minutes more Riley, it's your homework time" Her mom had said, as Riley nodded like an obedient child. The kids both got up, as Riley was just rushing towards her mom, Parker held her hand and pulled her back.

"What?" She asked him curiously.
He shyly pulled out a Lily flower and gave it back to her.

"I'm sorry for taking your flower" He had said, scratching the back of his neck. Riley smiled cheekily at him and ran towards her mom. When they both took separate ways, she saw the sad look on his face.

"Thanks!" She had shouted at him and she saw his eyes brightening up. Parker gave her a thumbs up which she returned. That day was surely in her permanent memory.

Memories were the weapons that hurted her the most. She knew Parker had transferred when they went in Grade 10 or sophomore year, but had it to be this school? In that this class? In that with her?

One message, she would have understood.

Riley paid attention to miss Collin as she taught them about Active and Passive voice.

The next class was of social studies. Mrs Morgan taught them History today. The first chapter of French Revolution was already over and now Russian Revolution was going on.

Third period was of social studies too so the chapter was continued. Riley put my head between shoulders and laid on the desk. She had completely forgotten Parker.

Besides her head was still aching, and her thoughts randomly went on her mom.

"Feeling ok?" Someone asked as the class ended. It was Amber. "Yeah" Riley nodded.

"Hey Parker, how did you and Ryan get late?" Amber asked.

Parker looked at her again before answering. "Eric was going to drop us and we got late" He said.

Riley looked up when he said Eric. But Eric and Parker were brothers? He might be Ryan's brother, she don't know.

"He really needs to pay attention to you" Amber said. Sophie was just silent, like Riley used to be after Parker was gone. Riley guess her best friend wasn't there today.

"How are Chris and Myles?" Amber asked her suddenly. Riley just shrugged. She really didn't knew how they were today.

"Seriously you don't talk too much huh?" She asked jokingly.

And Riley just replied, "Not in mood." All this time Parker was looking at her, making her feel awkward yet familiar.

She ignored him.

'Someone should tell Amber that I talk only with people of my level and that didn't include her— and I don't like talking to her currently.'

Riley thought bitterly, and then sighed again. She didn't want to be bipolar right now.

Sophie was preferably better though.

Riley didn't know what Amber gets with all that self praising and throwing her blonde ponytails back.

Riley love blondes but this one is different. 'Alright girl I get it but don't do it every two minutes while talking to us. Focus of conversation.'

As Amber started to open her mouth to speak again, Riley widened her eyes and Parker got up and ran from there. From the corridor he mouthed that he couldn't take it anymore.