Chapter 24 Confession

(A/n :- I changed the title of chp 17 because it was confusing)

Edited

Third person's POV :-

Riley didn't sleep too long. Her nightmare was slowly coming back.

"Mom? Why are you marrying him?" The nine year old Riley asked.

"Because darling, he is going to be your new father, just like you wanted" Her mom replied.

"But I never wanted a father, I have you!" She protested, she liked Derek but marrying was too much.

Suddenly a hand came on Riley's shoulder, and she turned around to see Derek. This time he was already looking like a maniac again.

She took a step back, turning around to run, just to see her mom in front of her. Like she was looking that day, drained. But there was a lot of blood around. Her eyes were open, but dead.

Riley's blood ran cold and she screamed at the scene in front of her. Derek was still chasing her, and she had to run, but there lay her mom in front of her, dead, killed by him.

When she woke up with a start, her throat was dry. She realized that she had shouted, because there were four boys around her looking at her in shock. She threw away her blanket and sat up. Parker handed her her thermos, while Ryan drew the curtains.

Way to start the fucking morning.

As the warmth of the morning hit her, she started to relax, as Myles was rubbing her back, while Chris was just looking at her. She couldn't meet their eyes. Embarrassed.

"Ril are you alright?" Myles asked worriedly. She just nodded, unable to remove that picture from her mind.

"Riley, get freshened up, we'll go to see your mother" Chris finally spoke. It wasn't too much, but all least he talked to her. The  boys got up, exiting the room awkwardly, but the teens did glance back once.

Riley got up, and went inside the bathroom, brushing her teeth and still thinking the nightmare. Usually she would forget them, they were just night terrors. But nowadays it could be remembered. She knew she had to start writing again.

Blood running cold
Voices becoming bold
Shouts not being heard
Soul becoming tired.
Breathing stops
Jaw locks
Tiredness overcomes
Mind stumps.

'Freaking hell what have I thought of? I should write this down!!' Riley thought, as she sat on the bed after freshening up, getting up again, taking out the book and pen, her hands still shacking.

One thing that pricked her mind was how did her mom survive.

Elsewhere in the living room, Myles was talking with Jason, who had called him in the morning to ask how she and others were.

"Alright, just tell her that her mom- mother is till asleep, and we all are coming home, and will go again there in evening" Jason explained worriedly.

Myles sighed, nodding his head, before he realized that he was on call, and hastily said yes.
He shut the phone, and came back, sighing.

"Jason said that they are coming back in ten, so just let her cool down. Or if anyone can talk to her, try to do so." Myles said, massaging his forehead.

Parker got up, showing a thumbs up sign, and motioning for Ryan to come, but not before the twins had them learn the lines.

As they both reached there, Parker knocked twice, waited two seconds and knocked twice again. Secret knock when he wasn't alone.