Chapter 29 Frustation

Riley rushed inside her room soon, leaving the twins alone. She had to tell this to someone. Once she hadn't told anyone what happened with her for four years, and she suffered a lot, and she suspected someone who would do this.

After changing and freshening up, she ran out, trying to find anyone. As she was going to go down to ask the twins if they saw others somewhere, she saw Leonardo coming towards her.

This made her even more scared. He looked like an angel that angered the God and got punished.

"Alex has called you, on the third floor, now come fast" He said, turning around and climbing the stairs. She just followed.

Listen to him first and then talk, and answer verbally always. Riley did the drill.

Leo opened the door and the cool air of AC hit her. She wasn't used to it in already cold weather.

"Sit Riley" Alex said, in his swinging office chair. She sat in front of him. She always dreaded this office many things had happened here. And in that, there were only Alex and Leo, no Jason and Theodore for her support.

"What happened today in school?" Alex asked, making Riley look at him. He held that questioning look which told her that there would be no messing around about this.

"Are you talking about the parking lot incident?" She asked back. She knew it was a risk to answer a question with a question, but that just slipped out. Alex and Leo looked at each other confusingly.

"What parking lot incident? I was going to ask you about your day at school?" Alex said, looking at her.

So they didn't know. She was an idiot to take out that issue which she should have told to Jason. But he was at the lab with Eric.

Well who calls someone in an office just to ask about your day??

"It was nothing" She tried to cover up, thinking that others wouldn't also tell it and she was the one overreacting. This might as well be a bad idea.

"It was a - a misunderstanding actually, we were coming towards the parking lot and we heard footsteps, which was normal but also heard this metal being dragged and Ryan said to rush in the cars and hide, so we did, but I guess it was just a prank" Riley admitted, what if Ryan just pranked them, or just her? He almost disliked her.

But Alex and Leo didn't laugh. Their faces looked serious, one thing she hadn't expected. Alex signalled Leo, who got up, fishing out his phone, dialling a number. As he got out, they heard him speak, "hey Maria, I need to speak with you and Amber."

Alex opened his computer on the desk and shifted it so him and Riley both could see it. He opened a file named 'School C' and a folder called 'parking lot c' and opened a recording.

It was showing the time they entered the area, and Riley stopped walking for a second, as rest turned. That was the time they heard the noise. Next Ryan turned around frantically and was telling them to run. They opened the door and rushed inside, Riley a bit late.

A man with a mask was roaming around, checking inside from windows of each car, one by one. He reached near Chris's and Myles's car and bent down, standing for more time than on any other vehicle. He bent, and Alex zoomed in, the person was sticking a note or something near the car.

He went to Parker's and Ryan's car next, doing the same, and as he was going towards Amber, he suddenly turned, looking around. That must have been the others, and her brothers came into view, as the masked man disappeared, running towards the opposite side from where he came from.

Riley looked at Alex, wanting to see his reaction. This might as well be a joke. But looking at his serious face told her that it was a matter of concern.