Chapter 28 Changes

Is it too much to ask for
For sometime, peace of mind
It's all I need, a feeling of calmness
For the harsh sunrays have made me blind.

Is it too much to ask for
For sometime, shadow of cool over me
It's all I need, as I'm tired
For the world never wants me free...

-R. P

When Riley got ready for school, she wasn't all happy. Her cramps had decreased, but they were still there. She still hadn't taken the painkillers.

When she lousily braided her hair again and got down after filling her books needed for the day, the twins were there. She sat down looking at Theodore who was up making breakfast, and as she tried to get up, she had to sit down again.

"Don't stand, I got it" Theo said, looking at her expressions, and understanding. He had to keep some medicines in her room if not in her bag.

"Hey Theo, Riley, did you know something?" Myles said, standing up after they had eaten a bit, as Riley and Chris followed her.

Riley didn't eat almost anything. Thank gods she took the sandwich herself and kept rest in her tiffin box.

"We found these bottles of stink bombs in our cupboard, and of course they were very old, we had once created it. We gave it to our friends yesterday! It was perfect mix, and I guess we had hidden one in Leo's drawer too, because same happened with him!" Myles bragged excitedly.

Theo and Riley shared a look, and while exiting, he gave her a thumbs up which she returned. The suprise was when she saw Alex and Leo coming towards them, having the business look.

"Boys, we have found out that there might be spies in the school, be careful" Alex said gravely, as the twins nodded suprised, like this was new.
Alex's next words were directed towards Riley, "And we've also increased security in hospital, don't worry."

As boys exited towards garage, Riley stayed back, she wanted to thank him for taking care of her mother.

"Thank you" She said, making Alex and Leo looks at her, "for saving my mom and taking care of her, I don't know how I could repay—" She was interrupted by Alex.

"This isn't called a favour Riley, we're your brothers, and as your guardian, it's my work to help you, and I would've done that without taking the guardian title too" Alex said, as Riley looked at him with almost teary eyes, and ran towards garage, waving at them.

Neither of them returned it.

Feeling embarrassed, she turned around.

"She deserves the love of a mother we never got" Alexander said sighing as Leonardo just nodded.

Leo knew how their mother treated them about others.
But Alex suffered the worst, he always shielded others, and Jason and him helped him do so.

They were the most protective about their little sister, and when she was gone, they were the only ones who were mature enough to understand the plans and coys happening in their family.

When Eric told them today that something might happen in their school, they were tensed, but they couldn't stop her, she would demand answers. If she was permitted to go with the twins with her, she will know that anything won't happen.

And besides everyone outside her school and home, knew her as Riley Jerome. It was foolish if the attacker came to their school just to hunt her. It was a big flaw plan.

Many scenarios were rushing in Leo's head as he and Alex reached inside, to see Theo standing there, straightening his dress to go to the hospital.

"I'll get going, it's her medicine time" He said, and rushed out.