Chapter 36 Dreams again?

"Will you stop that!" Ryan almost shouted, as he saw Parker throwing his bag with too much of force that the bed creaked.

"All of this, is my fault" Parker said, sitting on his bed and putting his head in his hands.

"Will you atleast tell me what is wrong with you?" Ryan said, his temper returning back to normal, as Parker had cooled down and turned his anger into grief.

"All that mess in her life was created by me" Parker said, his voice muffled by his hands, but as he sat straight, there was not a single drop in his eyes. There were very less times when Parker cried, and last time he did so was while telling Riley the truth.

Ryan first assumed that he was talking about Amber, as nowadays she was in focus of his discussion. That too a day before exam.

"And how do you remember it so suddenly?" Ryan asked irritably.

"Didn't you hear those guys speaking today as we were passing by?" Parker asked.

"Oh wait, we aren't talking about Amber." Ryan said to himself and threw himself on other side of bed, "Continue" He said, as Parker gave him a confused look.

"I feel like I've deserted her, so much that I didn't know that she likes someone, I- we used to know everything about each other" Parker said, moving his hands in air.

"So wait, are you upset about she not being your best friend anymore or that she likes someone else?" Ryan said casually, not knowing what Parker would choose.

"I don't know"

"Well surely you might have given it a thought"

"No I didn't!"

"Well alright, think about both options for a bit" Ryan concluded, taking out his Economics book and starting to read. As much as he wanted to help, he couldn't.

And he was already having bad feelings about next exam, although he knew he was surely going to ace it.

As they climbed downstairs, Riley was hoping Myles wasn't angry on her, she had given him a shocked look, but he had thought that it was because of the French fries. She hadn't even drank water from a long time and now she was hungry.

As they reached down, everyone was there, even Theo, whom she hadn't seen from yesterday, he was looking a bit more like vampire, but the lack of sleep on his face was something that she could see without knowing much.

Myles, who held the bags of fries stood shocked, and gave Riley a look of betrayal, which made her feel even worse.

She had opened her mouth to explain when Alex had interrupted, and she could see no signs that he had just laughed, "I knew nothing, and now I know, I thought you'd behave if I took a bit of rest in my room, but in vain"

Myles shifted his look at his feet, but didn't look back. And Chris, who never ever left Myles alone, said nothing. Was something seriously wrong with them?

Riley could find any way to connect every bad thing that happened with herself. And currently she was thinking if that was due to anything she did that day by calling them down.

"Well you can eat," Alex interrupted her train of thoughts, "but just for today" He said, a bit strictly, but the rest cheered.

"Aren't you going to join us?" Jason said, as he took out his share on the plate.

"No, I need to meet some people today, and I'm going for that." Alex said, smoothing his clothes and got out, only to come in again, " And Riley, tomorrow we start the revision from ten in morning" He said, looking at her.