Chapter :- Glance in past

You may skip these chapters and go to chapter 1 but you'll miss this action guys

Unknown POV:-

"This is too risky Kate" Marvel had spoken worriedly to me. But my mind was decided. "It's only way to keep her safe Marvel, and I don't care for my life as long as she is safe from this world and safe from Derek and his gang" I had to leave...

This was 2 days ago....

Currently it was night and was raining lightly, but I couldn't enjoy it, never now. I had to keep my daughter safe, and I knew my hometown the best. My phone's battery was going to switch off soon, leaving me unknown about where Derek's men were.

I ran towards the door of Mrs Jerome, the kind lady who lived here with her with her daughter Malika. Malika was my best friend and we were still in contact. I had already scribbled a long letter explaining them everything, but I preferred to talk to them face to face.

I knocked the door hurriedly, and Malika opened it, ignoring the shock on her face, I gave her our daughter and the letter, which also contained money. I panickingly explained her everything and she nodded confidently.

"Run Kate, I'll take care of her until any of the Piers appear" She promised. I hugged her and my daughter for the last time, pressing a kiss of my child's head. "Goodbye Riley" I whispered tearfully.

This all was happening too fast. I stepped in dark, and as I was going to check where Marvel promised me he would wait, someone grabbed me and forced a chemical near my nose. Bye Alex, Jase, Leo, Theo, Chris, Myles, Marvel, find Riley soon, goodbye sweety, I love you all.

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Unknown POV:-

"I promise you Kate, I'll take care of her until any any Piers come" I had promised. And I had taken care of her with my life. Riley had coloured my world which had turned black and white due to my mom's death.

And cherry on the top was that I had found Derek. He was very sweet to Riley, treated her like our own kid. I would sing her many songs. She was just like her mother, obsessed after songs.

But I failed Kate.

The car crash never killed me.

It was Derek. He had tricked me and now he had Riley. And I was sitting here, tied, not able to do anything. I never realized that this and that Derek were one. I thought he really loved us. I was foolish.

Yeah you all can blame me.

But right now I hope my letter to Marvel Piers went at its destination safely. I didn't write everything, hoping to meet them face to face, as letters did get intercepted. Kate had told me to play safe, but unknown to myself, I had been playing a dangerous game.

A game which risked Riley's life.

Her family had to save her. As long as my kid is alive, I'll try to stay alive. I have to beg her forgiveness. I shivered, due to being locked in this cold attic with another girl, who was sound asleep.

Kate gave her life for Riley,
And I will live mine for Riley.

Her poems are only thing she needs, and the book I had gifted her for her birthday.......

I shivered, the dawn was coming.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Unknown POV :-

Did we have to come for this competition? I thought, as I scanned boredly through some intense poetries and poems with horrible rhymings. Focus Alex, dad gave you a job, I watched Jase and Leo also flicking the pages.

Dad was judge of this poem competition in which various students had participated. The age was from 12 to 16 so there were less entries than previous age groups, but there were a lot. Like godsdamnit can't you write a nursery poem of

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky

As I was laughing at myself for this joke, I noticed a poem labelled Little Plane made me read the poem for first time:

Fly away little plane
You fly as I watch in vain
Up above the world so high
As you disappear in the sky

Blue mixed with orange
As colours slowly change
White trail up so high
Traces patterns in the sky

I watch from the window
Steadily as you go
My eyes look up so high
Spotting you in endless sky

Fly away little plane
Across a place you'll never know
Trail fades but I still look high
Knowing I'll see you always in sky.

-R. Jerome, age 12

No way someone could write a poem on what I was thinking and the paper was in my hand at that precise moment. Coincidence? I think not.

This made me sad, our Riley would have been 12 at this time too. And she would also be writing weird, cute and deep meaning poems like this.
"Guys" Said, gaining others' attention and waving the paper, "I have found the winner"

●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●