Chapter 38 Dear Diary

Important a/n at the end

Riley didn't dare to open her eyes when she gained consciousness. She knew what had mostly likely happened. She knew five hundred percent.

"Get up" A whisper came, and she squeezed her eyes further, scared if someone grabbed her, or if it was something else.

"Riley" The whisper came again, a little stressed, "the lights are on, please wake up" The person said.

Her adrenaline rushed up, as she opened her eyes, and tried to set her hands free, but they were tied.

She looked sideways, hoping with all her remaining strength that it was Parker. But it was Ryan.

How did he come here?

They both were still wearing their uncomfortable school clothes, just they were a bit more wrinkled.

Riley opened her mouth to speak, but he widened his eyes, shaking his head. His own hands were tied, and so were their legs, and his eyes were showing his fear.

"How did you-" She whispered, trailing off. She never wanted anyone to get stuck in her mess.

She shouldn't feel relief that she wasn't alone. She should have been alone.

"It's not your fault" Ryan said, looking around at the room. She followed the same action. There were windows, and it was yet time for sun to set, she could see sunlight, on a building.

They were probably on ground floor, the windows showed a clear view.

Her eyes scanned the rest of the room, but they were alone. She felt dread filling up her entire body.

"Chris? Myles? Parker? Amber?" Riley asked, hoping Amber was safe in their exam room and Parker wasn't here. Her brothers were still giving exam.

"I'm not sure about Parker and Amber" Ryan said, sighing, and her hopes crashed.

Don't get a panic attack.

She felt her heart contract, but not relax. Suddenly it was difficult to breathe, as if her rib cage was tied with a chain and not allowed to move. Her hands shook and her head felt dizzy.

A single drop of tear fell, as her eyes pained.

She didn't make a sound, but she couldn't put her hand on her mouth either. She hid her face from Ryan, beding it between her knees.

She was somewhere new with someone 'as good as new', and the clown, the man with Batman mask, it all came hitting to her.

"Riley" Ryan whispered again, carefully.

She still didn't look at him, but nodded.

"Do you recognize this place?" Ryan asked, as she shook her head in denial again.

"It's new?" Another nod.

Riley felt sick. What if Derek came here? What would happen to them? What if he hurts anyone else than her?

She looked up, she had to get out somehow.

The new building?

"My brothers" She said silently, looking finally at Ryan.

"I sent them a text, but my phone was taken away" Ryan said, knowing that the message had most probably never reached them.

Riley sat up straight. It was hot and both of them were wearing their school coats/ blazers.

She hoped for first time that someone should find her diary.

She looked at him straight in eyes, "How can you stay so calm? " She whispered to herself frustratingly. Here she was freaking out and he was as calm as a saint, and analysing everything.