Chapter 20 Therapist

A/n : you are going to answer all the questions asked in this chapter too

Riley straightened her messy hair, and at last she got ready. It was currently 11:40 and she had spent her remaining time in completing her books. She had almost done everything from the notes Moon, Eliza, Fred and George sent her, as they had same teachers. There was still a bit left.

At eleven forty five Riley came downstairs to see Alex himself waiting for her, sitting on sofa. No one else was present there. He looked at her and got up, and made way towards door. Taking this as a possible sign for her to follow him, she walked behind him silently.

'Silent days, mysteries and mistakes'

She had heard that song on her music app, not knowing where it came from, but she had liked that song.

They reached the car parking area, as Alex sat in his car, attaching his seatbelt and Riley sat at the back. He didn't speak anything till they got out of the house. Then he slowed speed a bit, and looked at her through the inner mirror.

"Riley, you didn't have any questions after seeing Parker and his mom here?" He asked.

"I had many, but everytime I wanted to ask him, Amber was there and I felt uncomfortable to ask him in front of her. And Aunt Aurora was with you all the time" I told him.

"Well do you want to ask any questions till we reach there?" He suggested as he probably noticed her expressions.

Derek never let her ask any questions. If Riley dared to ask, it was always about what he wanted to eat. And still, she would fear if she would get beaten again. And here was Alex, her eldest brother, asking her if she had any queries.

"Uh.. If Aunt Aurora knew about you all, why didn't she tell me anything?" Riley asked, as this question was bugging her a lot. Why didn't she tell her anything? But yeah, Aurora didn't even know the truth.

"You see, Aunt Aurora was friends with your mother even after she took you away" Alex started in an robotic tone, "When your mother died, she was going to get you here, but at that time, we all didn't know if you were ready to come, so we let you stay with Derek, thinking if you would be away from our mess, it would be better" He told truth.

But why did it seem that he isn't telling everything?

Riley would have given anything in this world to get here at that time, instead of living with that scum. But again, she never told anyone. Not even Parker knew about this. She had kept it a well guarded secret. She didn't let anyone in her house. Not even him and his mom.

But if at that time, Riley had told them everything, she wouldn't have suffered. But she was afraid. That they would go away, and she would lose the only family she had after mom left.

Maybe she should ask about what Jason said that day—

"Riley, are you sure you have told us everything?" Alex suddenly asked, making her snap out of criticising herself.

Wait, what? I have not, but they know enough now.

"Yeah" I nodded, and added, afterthought, "he would just come back drunk and pass out sometimes" Riley told him half the truth. As he just shook his head, and stared at the road.