Chapter 32 Maths

No. Of ideas I got for ships : 0

Riley felt seriously demotivated. Her exams for coming near till the first exam was tomorrow and she had the no study till now. Even though Alex had told her not to worry about that parking lot incident, she couldn't help but think about it.

But you couldn't blame her actually, there was so many things happening with her but that doesn't mean that we can leave study behind.

She was having a head down in her hands studying for her maths paper which was tomorrow. She had no option but to practice the sums in her notebook. That's when Chris and Myles entered her room.

"Hey sis..." Myles trailed off, as he saw her near to tears. Their mid term exams were starting from tomorrow, and whichever subject it was for tomorrow, it was going tough for her.

"Yes?" She asked, tiredly.

"Which paper is it?" Myles asked, converting his original question, he expected her to reply like she used to in the past when he had seen the reruns of videos. Something along why do you need to know?

"Maths" She replied, keeping her pen aside, and flipping the pages.

"well do you have any confusion in it because by the looks on your face it seems that you are not understanding anything" Chris offered, much to his sister's and his brother's shock.

Mathematics was his cup of tea.

"Sure" Riley said, confused but happy.

"Tell the problem" He said curtly, sitting on the opposite side of her bed, as Myles sat in between.

Riley showed him the book, question eleven, it read.

Q11. Prove that in 2 concentric circles, the chord of the larger circle, which touches the smaller circle is bisected at the point of contact.

Chris stared at the problem for a moment, and took the pen laying on the bed and the book from Riley's hand, and started drawing the diagram again.

"Now according to the question, we gotta prove AP = BP" Chris started writing, as Riley bent forward like Myles, to look.

"Join OP, now the radius is perpendicular to the line as it touches the point of contact, so OP is perpendicular to AB."

That was the first time he was talking so slow that she might understand easily, he didn't know her learning pace.

"Now look, AB is a chord, OP is perpendicular to AB, therefore it's the bisector of AB, hence proved, AP = BP"

He finished, writing everything he said on the book. They had to write the proof too, he remembered, and he hated the proofs.

"Thanks, I just don't understand how to prove that stuff" Riley said, understanding it was an easy question.

"No problem, proofs suck" He said, keeping the book down.

"Yeah I hate them" Riley said silently.

Chris looked at her, and for the first time, he noticed the dark spots under the eyes of his sister, and how they were like their mother's. He was afraid that she'd take after her.

But here she was totally confused, made mature due to her circumstances. He couldn't blame her, everyone had different ways of coping with stress.

He got up, not knowing what to say and went out of the room, Myles getting up too.

"We'll leave a bit before, you got to find your exam class, study, you'll get to know it soon" Myles said smiling kindly, as he put his hands in the pocket of his hoodie, and went out. He hadn't asked the original question they wanted to ask her.