Chapter 40 part I: Parting

// A/n : as I said, original chapter 39 has been removed by me and I'll update the new part soon. Till that time, enjoy this one//

//A/n : actual chapter 39 is up!//

12 years ago...

"Hey mom!!" The twins shouted together, running together to her room after coming back home from school, and taking a bath after getting wet.

None of them both liked to bath twice when they were four, but they were strictly warned that if they wanted to play with their sister, then they have to get freshened up, nicely.

They rushed inside the room, jumping up and down, but their mom held a finger on her lips, widening her eyes a bit angrily, and pointed at their sleeping sister, who had not opened her eyes.

Myles and Chris hung down their heads, walking out of the room and went straight to their room where they had kept their school bags.

Chris huffed, "I don't know what wrong we did so she looked at us like that."

"I don't know too, we even keep our bags up, bath, go to school, do homework and all" Myles said in agreement, as they took out their books to study and left the room to meet rest of their brothers.

Myles knocked on Alex's door three times, signalling that it was him and Chris, not their mom. Alex opened the door, smiling at both of them, and let them enter.

Jason, Leo, and Theo were all sitting there, their heads dunk inside their books. Alex came back, as the twins made themselves comfortable. As he was going to sit, his phone rang.

Everyone looked at him, and Jason smirked. Alex, without looking at him, answered the call.

"Yes Mom?" He said loudly, so Jason could get back to normal.

"Hey Alexander, can you take Riley with you for a bit? Me and your dad need to go at the Sanders, there's been an issue" His mom's voice was urgent.

"Alright" Alex said, as rest listened with an excited face.

Their mom abruptly cut the phone before he could ask if the rest could play with her.

"Where are you going?" Chris asked, as rest went back to studying, but he was still looking, a new abacus in his hand.

"Suprise" Alex said, as he went towards his mother's room, and opened it after knocking twice.

The child was awake, sitting in her blue floral top, trying to remove the cap on her head, as their mom was doing her hair.

"Ah Alexander!" His mom said, "look we are going out, and she is in good mood, and her daily routine is done, just keep her with you"

Alex sat near her, as she looked at him, and laughed later, as if she just recognised him. Alex laughed, tickling her legs softly, as she screamed loudly, and burst out laughing, rolling on the bed.

"Alex!" His mom almost screamed, and he looked at her, alarmed. She was looking at him accusingly, "How many times do I have to tell you that don't do that?" She scolded.

"I just tickled her and she liked it" Alex said, as his sister sat up again, looking at Alex with hopeful eyes that he would play with her again. She muttered some words, but their mom didn't pay any attention.

"Still, she is small, what if she rolls down?" She asked, her mood ruined.

"Let it be, I'll take her with us" His mom said.

"Mom I won't do anything like this ever again" Alex said, standing up. He knew how much everyone wanted to play with her, and show her their new abacus.