SEASON ONE; number boy

                 ➳ The group camped for the night, after having found what looked like an old supermarket, just West of Camp Blue Sky. It was one they'd seen before, but in that time the entire city had been so overrun with Zs they hadn't bothered to check it out. 

But now? Well, since most humans had left big city areas, so had the Zs. And after the day they had, it looked like heaven to (y/n). Garnett parked the truck right outside the staff exit, which Doc had opened with his crowbar. 

"Alright, in teams of two everyone spread out, look for clothes, food, water, whatever. Meet back her in 15, okay?" He commanded, to which everyone gave their assents. 

"Addy, c'mon," Mack motioned to her, and she followed him inside. (y/n) moved to Doc's side, but Warren shook her head and grabbed her arm, leading her out of earshot. 

"No," she shook her head "I don't want the two new kids on the block together. You can take the girl, since you and the boy have already almost killed each other." (y/n) chuckled 

"Sounds good!" She saluted Warren before looping her arm through the girl's and going inside. 

"I really am sorry about earlier," the girl apologized as they looked through the clothes in the women's section. "also, thanks. For standing up for me." (y/n) smiled at her. 

"If there's one thing I hate other than Zs," (y/n) shook her finger to enunciate her point more "it's men who judge a woman by their clothes. I mean seriously, if you're still alive it's obviously not the clothes." The girl smiled wanly. 

"Cassandra," she muttered, grabbing a pair of cargo pants from a rack. (y/n) nodded. 

"Yep, Cassandra is totally your vibe." They looked at one another, wearing twin smiles. (y/n) was sure they would get along just fine. They browsed for a while longer, (y/n) changing out of her zombie stained shirt and into a navy blue long sleeved shirt. 

It felt nice, for (y/n) to just hang out with a friend and do some "shopping". Of course, technically they were looting, but who cares? It seemed there were only about a handful of Zs, a few of which (y/n) mercied in typical fashion.  

As they were walking to meet up with the rest of the group, Cass and (y/n) met up with Ten Thousand and Doc. 

"Hey, number boy," she greeted cheerfully "and my favorite old hippie." Doc pulled her in for a side hug.

"Ooh! New apocalypse outfit?" he chuckled "and I'm no more hippie than you." (y/n) laughed, but his words were true. 

"Number boy?" Ten Thousand mumbled to himself. (y/n) nudged his shoulder, giving him a glance. 

"Well, you try to come up with a nickname for Ten Thousand." He gave her the littlest smile she'd seen, but she counted it as a win. Doc rubbed his beard for a minute.