SEASON TWO; how time flies

➳The scientist blinked in surprise, while everyone else looked on in horror

                              ➳The scientist blinked in surprise, while everyone else looked on in horror. Escorpion had given him a dose of Batch 47 a few seconds earlier, and somehow - he was feeling incredible. 

The entire thing made the girl uneasy. How had it taken such a quick effect, and how was this going to end? 

She should have known, really, when they let the zombie approach the man. Within one breath and the next, he'd turned into one of them - proving Batch 47 was not the herbal cure. 

(y/n)'s spirit sunk, as she thought of how many people were living solely because of the hope that this would work and cure the virus. How many people were simply staying alive, right now, just because of hope? 

The answer: too many. Apparently, herself included. 

"So much for Batch 47," Escorpion said with mock sadness, but (y/n) could tell this man didn't give a shit. She hated him more, in that instant. "Grab the Z-Weed. Let's get out of here, huh?" 

There was a very quick lull of silence, and then a rustling from behind (y/n). 10k's hand on her waist was steady as stepped closer to him, avoiding the man pushing a prisoner towards the other Zeros.

"Doctor Kurian?" He asked slowly, staring at the shorter man. (y/n) gripped 10k's forearm tightly. This was the bastard who shot her. As if her body knew, her shoulder ached briefly. 

"Hello, hector." 

"What happened to your face? That looks like my mom's chicharrones." 

"It's a long story." 

"You can tell it to La Reina." 

The queen? Who was she, anyway? That was the second time (y/n) heard her name mentioned. 

Escorpion nodded to the man holding Kurian, and he smashed his head with the butt of his gun. "Put him in the trunk, huh? You two - you're in charge now." The two men standing offside, who he'd referred to, responded their assent. 

"Burn the greenhouse down with Batch 47. We need to get back to our core mission. You understand me?" 

(y/n) felt awkward, standing there while watching him order his men around. "Vamos," he said, and then they broke off to do their tasks, while the survivors stood in the midst of it all. The two men tasked with burning down the greenhouse headed off to do so, while the others got into their vehicles. 

It was a lot less tense, now that there weren't people pointing guns in their faces. 

Still, one thought nagged (y/n)'s brain. 

"Where's Murphy?" She asked quietly, leaning her head close to Warren's. The woman looked at her over her shoulder in surprise. 

"Shit." 

                             ➳Really, all they had to do to find him was follow the screaming. He was thrashing on the ground, while vines held him back, trying to pull him into the greenhouse.