SEASON ONE; payback

                                  ➳Thanks to the truck of the radiator being broken, the truck had been guzzling all the team's water. To make matters worse, Addy and Mack were still missing - and Murphy was looking worse each day. The only silver lining (y/n) could find within this was that at least the grief was wearing off, and Warren had chosen to live for Garnett, not giving up on her life just because he'd lost his. 

"You know Doc," (y/n) began thoughtfully while the pair was dragging their feet along the pavement, energy drained without water. "i'm glad Garnett can be with his family now." Doc wrapped his arm around her. 

"Me too, kiddo," he sighed, wiping his eye. "gonna miss him though." The girl nodded, and the pair resumed their walk in silence. 

"So tired," 10k panted, as the group came to a painful halt in the town somewhere in Nebraska. Gingerly, the dark-haired boy laid down on his back and closed his eyes. 

"Don't fall asleep," Cassandra croaked, limping toward the curb to rest. "you might not wake up." 

"Well that's not a very positive attitude," (y/n) said, taking her rifle off her back to help her aching shoulders. 

"Hard to be positive when you're dying," she pointed out - a valid argument. 

"Hey, now," Warren spoke up "don't you be talking like that. I ain't losing no one else." (y/n) nodded. 

"I'll go check some of the buildings for water," she offered, borrowing a small pistol from Cass. 

"Don't go far," Warren warned her. The girl smiled, but it quickly turned into a wince when her parched lips began splitting. She stumbled off in the direction of the street where they'd hadn't already checked, praying. 

However, only a few minutes into her search the girl quickly realized they'd find nothing here. It had been picked clean, quite a long time ago - by the looks of the dust patterns on store shelves. The only thing she managed to find, in a bathroom occupied by a piked Z, was a small roll of toilet paper. 

Grumbling about her meagre findings, she made her way back to her family. Doc stepped away from the wall, empty bottle in hand. 

"I read once you could drink your own urine," he said "but all I'm pissin' is dust." The irony of it all irritated (y/n). 

"Oh, of course the one time I find toilet paper," she mumbled, sitting down against the car abandoned by someone very long ago. 

"Water isn't going to find you just sitting there," Murphy chirped, seeming all to happy for someone whose only chance of survival were dying of slow dehydration. (y/n) saw 10k, trying to wring his own sweat from his red scarf. Ew. 

"Why are you so freaking chipper?" Warren asked, voice lacking all its usual personality. 

"I've been wondering that myself," he said distractedly "maybe it's because I conserve my precious bodily fluids." (y/n) scoffed.