SEASON TWO; shared breath

➳(y/n) rubbed her aching back, as she sit against the wall of the truck

                             ➳(y/n) rubbed her aching back, as she sit against the wall of the truck. They'd left so soon this morning, after a quick breakfast of trail mix, so her body was screaming at the loss of her morning stretches. 

"Are we there yet?" 10k asked for the ninetieth time. (y/n) looked over at him, his bored expression catching her eye. 

"No," Addy said, glancing at a map placed in her lap. "a few more minutes, I think." 

"You think?" Warren arched an eyebrow in the girl's direction. 

"Hey, you two!" (y/n) called up to the front. Two sets of eyes were suddenly on her. "Think positive!" Warren smiled sarcastically, and the girl laughed. 

"A for effort, kiddo," Doc said, ruffling her hair. 

"Yeah, yeah, well someone's got to. Big teddy bear over there definitely won't." 

Vasquez glared at her, still in his bulletproof vest. "Who said I was a teddy bear?" 

"It's poetic irony." 

"It's dumb." 

10k coughed, presumably to hide a laugh. When (y/n) tilted her head to gaze at him, his cheeks were flushed, but he stared innocently at the wall. 

"Got something to say there, number boy?" She teased, poking his booted foot with her own. 

"Be smart, kid and say no." Doc chuckled, but the vehicle pulled to a stop. 

"Are we there now?" 10k immediately perked up, like a plant getting watered after being neglected. 

"Yes," Addy breathed a little sigh of relief, and they all stepped out of the vehicle. (y/n) dusted off her brown pants and slid her rifle onto her shoulder as they approached a gate. 

"You guys harvesters here for the cure?" A man asked them, and the group exchanged looks amongst themselves. 

"Yeah, that's right." Warren spoke for them all. 

"You're armed." There was an awkward pause, in which (y/n) felt a poke at her side. It was Tommy, looking at her as if what he'd heard was insane. Which, obviously, it was. 

"Uh, yeah?" Addy replied, even though it was obvious, especially for the two teenagers with rifles in the back. 

"Good. Harvesters wait in the garage until you're called. The others inside will give you the run-down." With that, the man opened the gate, and they stepped over the threshold into the place. 

(y/n) was not super keen on being here, but she had no other option. The air here felt like false hope, and it was all very eerie. Given the fact that it was an apocalypse, though, she wasn't entirely unsurprised. 

"You think Murphy's here?" Addy asked, and (y/n) wondered dimly how she wasn't feeling too hot with her little scarf she'd picked out yesterday. It was rather cute, though. They came to a stop, observing the place before they took any more steps within.