SEASON TWO; twenty-one questions

➳When the engine of the ancient convertible finally gave its dying breath, Warren eased them off the dusty highway; they'd have to walk the rest of the way

                                                 ➳When the engine of the ancient convertible finally gave its dying breath, Warren eased them off the dusty highway; they'd have to walk the rest of the way. Until, at least, they found something better to drive. 

(y/n)'s boots dragged along the asphalt as the sun dipped lower towards the horizon, warm shades of the sunset already beginning to paint the sky. The girl yawned. It had been another long day of hot, dusty driving. 

At least Murphy hadn't run away again... that was definitely a silver lining. 

"All right, let's stop here for the night," Warren sighed as they approached what appeared to be an abandoned museum. Two nights before, they camped in a small city - Dexter, New Mexico - to restock on ammo and other apocalypse essentials. 

Now, they were all set to keep on slaying, and making their way to California. 

"I'll take first watch," Addy sighed, grabbing her Z-Whacker and raising her eyebrows in Doc's direction. "You coming?" 

"Sure thing." He brushed off his jeans, and then the were off: leaving the others to settle down for the night. 

"Get some rest." Vasquez said gruffly, pointing at (y/n). She couldn't tell in that moment if he cared about her, or just wanted one of the best shooters to be ready to keep them all alive for another day. 

"Whatever you say, Papa Vasquez." 

"Don't call me that." 

"Well I'm sure as hell not calling you Daddy." 

Warren broke out into a sudden fit of coughing, and the girl suspected their leader was making a desperate attempt to not break out into cackles. (y/n)'s own mouth curled up at the corner. 

"Yeah, save that for blue eyes over there," Murphy's voice called out from where he'd hunkered down in a vintage car a few feet away from the others. 

Even though there were standing at least six feet apart, the girl could practically feel Tommy's confusion. 

"Don't make me come over there and stab you, Smurphy," She said in warning, and was met with only a grunt in response. Well, maybe it was better that way. At least then he wouldn't be talking about them.

"Daggers are scary, but she's worse. Especially when she's mad." 10k piped up from beside her, causing her smile to grow. 

"Yeah, you better run!" 

The teens shared a quick glance, and in that moment she was grateful that he was finally starting to seem like his old self. 

Well, at least a little bit. It was a work-in-progress, that was for sure. 

"And that's enough socializing for me," Vasquez shook his head and began to walk off "Wake us up for watch."

 "Sweet dreams!" (y/n) called after the two figures as they walked to find somewhere to sleep. When they were gone, Tommy let out a long sigh.