SEASON TWO; sitting ducks

                                  ➳The team headed East, hiking in the wilderness. (y/n) normally loved this type of wild life, but not when she knew they were headed in the wrong direction - again. 

And Murphy, of course, constantly felt the need to remind them. 

"We are going in the wrong direction," he said loudly, as (y/n) walked behind him, making faces at his retreating back. "Again." 

"You left us no choice," Warren pointed out "Too much fallout in the west." 

"Again. That was not my fault," he defended, and then he scoffed. "I know you're making faces at me, psycho girl. I'm not an idiot." (y/n) laughed. 

"Good one, asshole." 

"Murphy, don't make me have to explain the term: 'failsafe doomsday weapon' again, please." Doc begged as they stopped on a small hill. Addy was still beside (y/n), but no matter how hard she tried - Addy wouldn't let her comfort her. 

She blamed herself for Mack's death, (y/n) knew. 

"How do you even know California's still there?" Murphy retorted. 

"You're looking ripe," Vasquez says coldly, shoving the man forward. Murphy turned around dramatically, ready to pick a fight. Typical. (y/n) rolled her eyes. 

"You are not the boss of me. She is." He pointed at Warren, who held her hand out to stop Vasquez from pissing the princess off more. 

"I can handle this," she said, before shoving him roughly. "Move." She finished sweetly, and surprisingly - the man did as she said. (y/n)'s eyebrows raised up in disbelief. Had hell frozen over?

"Gladly." he said smugly, and they were off again. 

They walked through the deserted grasslands some more, following a rising pillar of smoke that darkened the sky. (y/n) was hoping they would find someplace to rest, and actually get a plan in place. She hated this wandering without a destination, it only left them in more danger. 

"10k, let me see your scope." Warren asked, as they stood on yet another steep cliff that overlooked a road. (y/n) walked over, the tall grass brushing on the brown fabric of her pants. 

"Ooh, that looks like fun." (y/n) said sarcastically, and Warren shot her an exasperated look. 

"What are we gonna do about her?" 10k asked, glaring daggers at Cassandra, who was sat giving Murphy a massage. (y/n) shuddered. Gross. 

"Cassandra?" she asked the boy, who looked at her with a gaze so piercing she wanted to lay down in the tall grass and hide. 

"She's not Cassandra. Not anymore." he said darkly, before turning to look at the creepy duo again. The second his eyes were off of her, (y/n) felt heat rise to her cheeks and she stared out at the road.