SEASON TWO; intermission

                             ➳The girl trailed behind him as they nimbly crossed the caravan, heading closer to Addy. The boy had seen in his rifle scope that the blasters were gaining on them, again. 

Internally, he groaned. This was starting to get annoying. He wanted to go back to hiking again; anything was better than this. 

(y/n) followed closely behind him, and he dimly wondered if her shoulder was bothering her. Once they were done fighting for their lives, maybe he'd ask. 

"I'm really starting to hate that one," he called to Addy, who took his hand to climb over the cab of the medical wagon and towards safety. 

"Hey, Ads!" (y/n) called, clutching her rifle, before the three of them took off running, trying to get as far away from those things as they could. The girl was in the lead, and 10k could hear the bodies being munched on as he ran. 

"Come on you guys!" Doc called, and (y/n) climbed on top of the car he was hiding behind. "Go, go! Run kid!" The old man clapped him on the shoulder as the boy breezed past him. 

"Addy, get out of there!" (y/n) called, using her rifle to try and slow down the blaster and zombies from the medical wagon. The boy could hear more gunfire, and stopped in his tracks in case they needed help. 

He saw (y/n)'s head as she stood, and he could faintly see a blaster approaching her. He felt that familiar sense of panic, and went to push past Addy. 

"No, no, go that way!" The woman told him, and he huffed as he waited. He heard a few more gunshots, and then there was nothing. 

"Got him!" (y/n)'s melodic voice reached his air and he breathed out relief. 

"Nice shooting! Move your ass! Come on!" Addy yelled behind him, and they took off again, finally stopping where he'd been camped out all day. He had to admit, it was a good spot. 

(y/n) was the last to climb up the small ladder and over the obstacles of the setup, and she nearly knocked the boy over. 

"Move!" 

"Sorry!" 

He held his rifle to his eye and got ready to shoot like his Pa had taught him. 

"Are we slowing down?" he heard Addy call. 

"We need to not slow down!" The old man beside him retorted. 

God, no matter how many times he shot these things, they just wouldn't die! Anger bubbled up in him at the sheer amount of ammo he'd wasted today. He would have been better off using Addy's bat, honestly. 

But there was no time for that. 

They were right by Warren now, at the end of the line. "Everybody, hang on to something!" she yelled, and so he did. His knuckles went white around a pole that made up the cage he'd sat in all day, and he clung to it for dear life.