SEASON TWO; X̅

➳It was always interesting to wonder how things came to be as they are

                                         ➳It was always interesting to wonder how things came to be as they are. The choices that were made since Operation Bitemark was taken over by the group of survivors lead them all to this very moment. 

"You really think she'll listen to you?" (y/n) ranted to the boy as he stared down at her. They stood face-to-face, while Doc and Addy both pretended to not listen to their conversation. 

"Of course she won't," 10k glanced over his shoulder at the woman in question. Cassandra crouched down, watching them intently as if they were prey and she the hunter. 

Which, given the situation, was mostly true. 

"Then what's the point?"

"Keeping her distracted." 

(y/n) opened her mouth to say something, but he tipped her chin so she was looking directly at him. 

"Get ready to run." 

And then he turned away, striding to the figure in the distance. 

"Oh, I am going to kill him," she groaned angrily, heading back over to Addy and Doc. 

"What the hell is he doing?" Addy squinted as she watched him approach Cassandra. 

"I don't know, but when somebody says to get ready to run, I get ready to run." Doc told them, tugging on the laces of his shoes, making sure they were tied well. 

(y/n) sighed, making sure her knife was still in reach from its holster. Touching the leather reminded her of Garnett, and she wondered what he would say if he were here. 

When Tommy looked over his shoulder at the three of them, though, she knew Garnett would tell her to run. 

No matter how much she wanted to stay, because she knew Cassandra would hurt him. 

So she ran. 

They ran together, to make sure they could keep one another safe. Even from this far, they could hear Cassandra's angry screams. 

(y/n) cringed, not even able to imagine how Tommy was feeling. 

"That didn't sound good," Doc said worriedly, staring off in the direction of the sound. 

"No shit," (y/n) panted, scanning the landscape for any signs of him fleeing towards them and away from their former friend. 

She should have known better. Of course Ten Thousand wouldn't run - not if it meant he could keep them all safe. 

"Oh damn it!" Addy cursed, before grabbing Doc and starting to jog down the hill and away from (y/n), who was still standing, staring in the direction where she knew 10k was confronting Cassandra alone. 

Before the young sharpshooter could even realize what she was going, she was headed off in the direction of her boy. 

Because she couldn't leave him behind. He wouldn't leave her, so she refused to leave him.