SEASON TWO; warm me up

                              ➳It was a silent agreement between the team to not mention the word "alien" around Murphy. He didn't like the idea of them before, but since he walked into that beam he'd gotten even more annoyed whenever they were mentioned. 

Hence, the pact of silence. 

Not that (y/n) cared -  it was definitely not something she wanted to remember. Sure, growing up she'd loved sci-fi and watching alien movies. But after the creepy run-ins with the zombie/alien things, she shivered just thinking about it. 

"Hey," Addy bumped her shoulder against the girl's, smiling softly. 

"Hey."

"Crazy day, huh?"

(y/n) huffed out a chuckle. 

"Understatement of the year." Addy laughed at this, letting her head fall on the girl's shoulder. (y/n) was sitting with her legs dangling off the side of a rock near the edge of the road, while the others consulted a map to figure out where they'd be stopping. 

"Warren's thinking of heading towards the Grand Canyon," Addy said after a minute of silence, tumbleweeds blowing by their feet. "I've always wanted to go there."

 "Me too," the girl sighed, glancing over at her family - and Murphy - poring over the map spread on the hood of the car. "I just hope it hasn't gotten too overrun, it would be fun to look around a bit." 

"Even if it is overrun," her best friend placed a hand on her shoulder "I will personally make sure you get a postcard." (y/n) tipped her head back to laugh.

"It's a date." 

The two women fell back into silence again, stirring only when Warren called them over. 

"Alright, I'm thinking we hit up a motel," she placed her pointer finger on the highway a little ways down from where they were currently. "it's about a two hours drive, so we'll get there before nightfall." 

"Sounds good to me," Doc said, hopping back into the backseat. (y/n) nodded her agreeance. 

"I'll drive!" Vasquez's eyes nearly popped out of his head as he looked at her. 

"Are you even old enough to drive?" He asked, looking at her questioningly. She rolled her eyes and held out her hand for him to put the keys into. 

"For the record, I'm nineteen." 

"You are?" Warren seemed taken aback. The girl's eyebrows knit together. 

"Yes?" 

"Me too," Tommy added quietly, his blue eyes looking softly at the rest of him. (y/n)'s breath caught for a minute, and she couldn't help but notice that a boy who was so talented at killing was also just a kid.