SEASON TWO; stay alive

                                   ➳But, of course, things often never turn out how she'd hoped. He wasn't fine, that much was obvious from the way he stood so weirdly against her.

It was even worse when he slumped down towards the ground.

He suddenly grew heavy, and she planted a hand on his chest to keep him from totally falling over right onto his face.

"10k!" her voice rose in pitch "Help me with him!" Doc took his other side and they laid him on the ground gently. His chest rose and fell weakly, but at least he was alive. (y/n) knelt on her knees, cradling his head in her lap. 

"What's wrong with him?" She demanded, blinking away tears. 

"Don't know, kid," Doc said, putting his wrist to the boy's forehead. "Oh man he's burning up." 

"He has it," the younger man said, the one who said he was a leader earlier. "This diseases." 

"What disease?" The girl looked down at him face, willing his eyes to open. Beneath the lids she could see them fluttering, and she hoped he wasn't in pain. If he was, she wouldn't forgive the world. 

"We gotta get him outta here," Doc said, and (y/n) nodded her head vigorously, tucking her hair behind her ears. 

"And take him where?" Warren asked, laying her hand on the girl's shaking shoulder. 

"I dunno- someplace without anthrax, or anthrax zombies or anthrax sheep." 

"What he needs is antibiotics," Vasquez chimed in. 

"Do you have any?" (Y/n) looked at Doc, her hand absently stroking 10k's cheek. He chewed his lip thoughtfully, before jumping up to go check. He jogged off to the red truck, where Murphy was standing with both his baby's mother - and Cassandra. 

(y/n) looked down at 10k, putting her two fingers on his pale neck to check his pulse. She held her breath and she waited, and then it was there. Just barely. 

A soft, steady beat, but she had to choke down a sob anyway. Doc came back to inform that he didn't have antibiotics, his last ones were wasted on her when she'd been shot. However, the Mennonite man - the leader, in fact - had a shaky plan. 

"We've been helping our people," he explained quietly "there is a place for them, to get better. We can take care of him." With that, he moved to help lift Tommy off the ground. (y/n) grabbed his wrist before he could proceed. 

"I'll carry him." she said through gritted teeth. The girl let go of his arm and he pulled away, eyes wide. Doc took 10k's other arm, and they carried him between the two of them towards a large barn. 

"You got him?" Vasquez asked her, and she stared straight ahead, fuming. 

"I'd carry him forever if I had to."