SEASON ONE; stargazing

                    ➳Ten Thousand was not entirely sure how he had ended up here. He supposed, it all began with her. Out of nowhere, the group showed up at that school, and then she appeared. Not only that, but she'd fought him. 

And she was good at it. He prided himself on his skills, but she almost beat him. Almost. So, he ran. And they'd caught up to him, but it might have been the best thing that happened to him since the night he'd become an orphan. 

Since then, during the past few weeks, they'd been roped into multiple adventures. But, he liked it. Having other people to rely on, not always feeling so scared and alone. As of right now, he'd say Doc was his favorite. He reminded him a little of his own pa, you could say. 

And the girl? She was nice, talented at killing Zs. He'd wondered, many times while watching her slay them, what her count might be at. 

Not that he'd ask. 

Somewhere along the line of thoughts, he'd fallen asleep in the little shack they'd found to rest in for the night. It was cozy, warm and safe. Oh, he'd forgotten how lovely being safe felt. Although, Murphy sleeping beside him was irritating - always tossing and turning. On Murphy's other side, (y/n) had lain down beside Cassandra and was snoring softly. 

He remembered how she'd dealt with her back in Philly, and he'd been almost in awe ever since. How someone could be so ruthless and kill Zs so efficiently, but then turn around and be all sunshine-y, he had no clue. 

It couldn't have been long that he was sleeping, that he was nudged awake by a boot poking his leg. Mack stood over him, looking down tiredly. 

"You're up," he said, stifling a yawn. 10k nodded. 

"Okay," he said, sitting up and blinking the sleep from his eyes, before grabbing his stuff. Addy, who'd been on watch with Mack, was standing over (y/n) and waking her up as well. The girl rose quietly, stretching her body for a minute before grabbing her gear. 

As they walked into the moonlit outdoors, he almost started laughing at her tousled hair, from sleeping on the floor. 

"Morning," she yawned as they stepped into the cooler air. 

"Is it evening morning?" He asked, squinting up at the moon to gauge the time. The girl shrugged, rubbing her eyes. 

"Dunno," she mumbled. After that, they wandered in silence around the perimeter of the small shack, grateful that the woods were a while off. There wasn't many places for a Z to hide and jump out at them, he noticed. 

It made for a slightly boring time, but it felt, almost comfortable, just walking around - in silence with her. He wouldn't call himself a social person, so feeling comfortable around someone was a rarity.