SEASON TWO; zombie baby daddy

                                       ➳Springfield, Illinois, was really not the place to be that day - especially not with a screaming baby. As the team battled the Zs, it became very obvious that little Lucy, however adorable she was, would be the death of them all. 

The hot sun beat down on her as (y/n) wove in-between and around the random cars left abandoned on the street. Tommy stood atop one of the vehicles a few yards in front of her, and she made her way towards him. 

A few zombies had begun approaching him while his back was turned, and the girl was quick to adjust her grip on the handle of her knife, driving it harshly into one skull after another. 

The boy looked over his shoulder - after firing a few gears from his slingshot - in surprise. 

"Thanks," he called, holding out his hand. (y/n) nodded and slid her hand into his, before he pulled her to stand beside him on the roof of the vehicle.

"You okay?" She asked, kicking a zombie roughly in its rotting head. He flashed her a quick thumbs-up, although his angular face was set in determination as he continued killing the undead. 

Warren and Vasquez were tag-teaming the small horde not too far from the two teens, doing fairly well to keep them at bay. 

"Doc!" (y/n) heard Murphy call, from around the corner of the building. She'd seen Doc earlier fighting Zs with a baseball bat near the bright yellow school bus, trying to keep the Zs away from Murphy. 

His weird zombie telepathy was, as of late, not working. They seemed attracted to Lucy's infant cries, like flies to honey. 

Or, in this case, flies to flesh. 

With that thought in mind, (y/n) faced down three zombies that had come a bit too close for comfort. Tommy was still taking care of the further Zs with his long-range slingshot, so she was on her own here. 

Bending slightly at the knee, (y/n) sent a quick prayer to the universe before jumping forward, propelling herself over the zombies' heads and onto the asphalt. Panting, she drew another knife from inside her left boot and held both of them aloft. 

When the first Z descended upon her, she arched the blade up into its ear and directly into its brain, the sound of rotting flesh on the cool metal music to her ears. The second one was quicker, and she ducked out of its way, kicking out a leg to send it sprawling onto the ground. 

Glancing quickly over her shoulder, she planted her foot firmly on the lying Z's arm to keep it from grabbing her, and threw out her right arm, letting her blade imbed itself into yet another skull. 

And finally, she gave the last zombie on the ground mercy, ending its suffering. 

"Mercy," she huffed, pushing a strand of sweaty hair out of her face. Out of the corner of her eye, (y/n) watched Doc - holding a tiny, wriggly bundle named Lucy - duck into the school bus and slam the door.