SEASON ONE; kill all men?

                     ➳The midday meal was, well, divine was the only way the girl could've described it. She felt like Anne Shirley, finally seeing the world from a completely different perspective, in a more romantic way.

Addy played a game of clapping with the little girl who'd whisked her away earlier, and Warren sat talking with Helen.

"Whoever built this place must have seen the apocalypse coming," Warren said wistfully, looking around at the beautiful landscape. "it's perfect." Helen smiled sadly.

"That was my husband," she explained, going even further to share that she'd had sister wives, and rescued all these women and children. To some extent, it was a sweet notion. But, (y/n) couldn't imagine having to share the one she loved with another.

It was one of those thoughts she buried away, hopefully to deep to bring up again.

"I, think I'm going to check in on Cassandra," Warren told them both, and then she was gone. (Y/n) turned to Helen.

"She's right, you know," the girl began "this place - it's, like something out of a dream." Helen beamed.

"I am very proud of it," she responded, almost embarrassed. Still, something about this place was not clicking. "it took a lot of effort and loss to get here." (y/n) nodded.

"Trust me, I know," she chuckled, before looking at the strawberries. "listen, and I understand if it's too much to ask - but could I bring some out to our men? They haven't eaten very well in weeks." Helen considered this, looking at the fruits of their labor distastefully.

As if her caring for the men was disgusting, and she'd rather she didn't. The dress (y/n) had adorned was feeling less like home now, and more uncomfortable. 

"I suppose, but can I give you some advice?" the girl nodded, leaning in closer. Helen gripped her shoulder, just a bit too tightly. "Men will only ever break your heart."(y/n) stepped backward, smile having fallen.  

"I try to be more optimistic," the girl chuckled awkwardly, before grabbing a nearby basket and beginning to load it up with goodies.

"Oh, that world is going to eat you alive." Helen told her, smiling sadly at the young woman. (y/n), full basket in hand, turned to stare at her. "here, you could be safe. From everything." 

The girl chose not to respond, but rather take her now-full basket - and her unspoken words - with her to the boys. 

                                ➳Oddly enough, they were gathered around a pie, in the trunk of the SUV. (y/n) waltzed her way over, bearing her gifts. At the sound of her boots on the gravel, all of them stopped eating to pay attention. 

"Whoa, (y/n) is that you?" Mack laughed. (y/n) did a little twirl. 

"I know, I know," she shook her head, smiling. "brought you cavemen some snacks! Looks like you already got some." 10k pulled his fork out of his mouth and spoke.