SEASON ONE; what happens in philly, stays in philly

                       ➳The Apocalypse had all but ruined (y/n)'s sense of time. The sun, of course, was a dead giveaway, but she could hardly ever tell what day of the week it was or which month. However, she could tell you that the group had been travelling west, towards Philadelphia, for about three days. 

In that time, they'd thankfully found a quiet rest stop, complete with camp showers that ran on their own grid - giving them each a very well-deserved clean. With a sigh, (y/n) towel dried her hair with a rag. 

"Heaven," she said dreamily, now trying to untangle it with her fingers. The group chuckled. 

"Yeah," Doc sighed, smiling "been overdue since 1985, kid." (y/n) laughed, throwing her damp towel at him. A hand shot out and caught it, belonging to none other than the slightly more experienced sharpshooter. 

He shook his head, but that small half-smile was still there. Beneath the layer of knives and other weapons, she was just a girl - and every time she caught a glance at even a ghost of his smile, her heart fluttered. 

She hated it, but it was not a wholly unpleasant feeling. 

Without a word, he got up and presumably went to have his shower. The rest of the group(minus Cassandra, who was on watch) kicked their feet up around the fire, sharing stories and trying to do their best instead of breaking down. 

"Alright," Warren sighed, stabbing her machete into the dirt "we gotta get that boy a nickname. Cuz I sure as hell ain't calling him Ten Thousand. Takes too long." Garnett chuckled, looking at the woman fondly.

"True," he shrugged "By the time you finish saying his name, he could be dead." (y/n)'s heart gave a lurch, but everyone else laughed.

"What about 10k?" Addy suggested, eyebrows raised. 

"Still means the same," Mack pointed out "just shorter." 

"Exactly!" (y/n) snapped her fingers "10k it is." 

"What?" The boy they'd been talking about stood directly behind her, shaking out his raven-black hair. Tiny droplets hit (y/n)'s pants, and she busied herself trying to wipe them away. 

"Kid," Doc stood up and clapped him on the shoulder "don't mind if we call ya 10k, do ya?" The boy shrugged, not saying anything at all before taking his place around the fire. 

"God, I still feel dirty," Addy shuddered, and (y/n) knew she was right. 

"Me too," the girl sighed "I miss floral perfume." Her lips turned into a pout, and Addy chuckled. 

"Well," Warren piped up "I do not miss shaving my legs. Am I right, girls?" They whooped, cheering at the task every woman used to hate. The men, in the meantime, looked disgusted, which made (y/n) only laugh harder.