SEASON ONE; new zombie unlocked

                            ➳While (y/n) was never one to complain about bathing in nature, aka walking for miles, she did have some doubts about  where Warren was leading them to. They'd been walking for so long, through dense forestry without any town or survivor - not even Z - in sight. 

It was unnerving, to be consumed by such quiet. Murphy, however, was anything but. 

"Is this entire state uphill?" He groaned as the group trekked along. 

"Where are we, anyway?" (y/n) asked, gazing up at the trees in rapture. Such a contrast to the plain, gravel road scenery she'd grown used to these past months. 

"According to this map," Warren said "we're in the Black Hills of South Dakota." So, they had made it a little bit West, albeit not very efficiently. 

"There's nothing to kill out here," Ten Thousand whined, holding his rifle at the ready just in case. (Y/n) chuckled. 

"Relax, number boy," she teased "you'll reach your count before we get to Cali." He pouted and frowned at her, which only caused more laughter to spew from her mouth. Amidst the playful banter coming from the two sharpshooters, Warren informed the others of her plans to have them camp out in a small town. Edgemont, before continuing on their journey West. 

They finally stopped to take a break, apparently closer to civilization than the landscape suggested. Before them, as they stood on a ridge overlooking the ground below, laid carved stone - Mt. Rushmore. 

More American history, she thought dully. But, she had to admit - the original artist was incredible, and the post-apocalyptic one even better. 

"Now who in the hell did that?" Doc asked, almost sounding offended. 

"An improvement, I'd say," (y/n) muttered to 10k, who stood grinning at the monument. 

"I think it's awesome," he agreed, casting the girl a partner-in-crime look. The adults groaned in various degrees of annoyance. 

"If I ever catch who did that," Warren said ominously "they're gonna get a whoopin'. Now, come on -I want to find that town before it gets dark." 

Grumbling about the break cut short, everyone gathered their gear and followed their leader into - yet another - very eventful day. 

                    ➳After some more grumbling from Murphy, the group finally came across a metal farm shop-looking building, mostly empty save for huge amounts of pipe. Unfortunately, that was the extent of what remained inside, leaving the girl weary and thirsty. 

"Take cover," Warren hissed to them, while they'd been roaming around the large space. They each followed, (y/n) grabbing a throwing knife and pressing herself close to the others.