SEASON TWO; partners in crime

➳The small berries fell off the branch and into (y/n)'s waiting palm like tiny red jewels

                                           ➳The small berries fell off the branch and into (y/n)'s waiting palm like tiny red jewels. She was crouched in the field, the long grass tickling her arms while she plucked the raspberries from the thorny branches.

They'd hardly had anything to eat in days - not since Tommy's almost-execution. 

Now, they were heading even further west, while Warren continued to keep Murphy somewhat under her control. Not that he was, anyway. 

(y/n) heard the grass rustling behind her, but she didn't make a move to grab a knife. She knew it was only Tommy, probably here to make sure she was okay. 

"Hey, To-" the girl glanced over her shoulder, gasping when she realized it wasn't the boy at all. The Z lumbered closer. She noted it must have been starving for a while, given its extremely slow speed. 

"You want to, or should I?" Tommy's voice came from beside her. Their shadows cast down onto the ground beside one another, swaying as the grass moved with the breeze. 

She smirked at him. "After you, Ten Thousand." 

With a small smile, he nodded and pulled a knife from the inside of his vest. She remembered putting it there a few nights before. 

...

"Take off your vest," 

"What?" Tommy's blue eyes widened. (y/n) rolled her eyes. 

"Get your mind out of the gutter, number boy," she teased "i have a surprise for you." 

His dark brows furrowed, but he did as she asked. Gleefully, the girl took his black vest in her hands and pulled out the small sewing kit she found in the glove box of the car. 

"What are you doing?" He asked, but she hunched over her work so he couldn't see the stitches she was putting in. 

"There!" She grinned, handing back the vest while he frowned. Quickly, he turned it inside-out and ran his fingers along the stitching. "You can put a knife in there." (y/n) said, pointing out the small pocket she'd made. 

Tommy didn't say anything, he just stared at the little pocket, grinning. 

...

The zombie fell to the ground with a dull thud, and 10k went to retrieve the knife.  "Best gift ever," he grinned, putting the knife back in its place. 

(y/n) shrugged. "I'm amazing, I know." 

By the time they made it back to the cars, (y/n) had a tin can full of small berries. If only they had water t rinse them off with, she thought.