SEASON TWO; caught in the crossfire

                                      ➳(y/n) was really starting to hate Cheyenne, Wyoming. They sprinted down its streets, chasing Murphy's sarcastic ass all over the place - before some other bounty hunter got to him. 

Citizen Z's little broadcast had - more or less - screwed everything up. 

"Murphy!" Warren screamed as the group ran, guns at the ready. (y/n)'s own rifle had been lost in the underground lab, but she was happy to take a pistol from the bag Mack and Addy had on their little trailer. 

It felt weird, to not have her rifle. But, whatever got the job done. 

The man who'd stolen her knife earlier in the strip club sprinted after Murphy in front of them, and (y/n) watched Cassandra run off to the left - a distraction. A black sedan drove down the street as they rounded the corner to follow Murphy, and gunshots rang out in the deserted place. 

The team skidded to a stop, ducking behind an abandoned car to avoid getting shot at. (y/n) had been running close to 10k most of the time; since she'd been shot he'd been very reluctant to let her wander too far. 

But she knew she could take of herself. Still, she winced when her shoulder hit the warm exterior of the vehicle, his worried blue eyes settled on her face and the grimace there. 

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, yeah.  Don't worry about me." He pursed his lips and said nothing, but the sound of the car drew his attention. (y/n) turned her head to view a cherry-red Jeep on their right, and a minivan on their left. 

They were in the crossfire.

"Look out!" Mack yelled, and then the barrel of a gun poked out from the driver's window. (y/n) didn't think twice, just scrambled around to the other side. 10k ran forward too, but he kept running - around the corner of a building on the other side of the street. 

"Look out, kid!" Doc called after him. (y/n) groaned. 

"What's he doing?" she asked irritably. The boy was braced on the side of the wall, rifle clutched in his expert hands like he was ready to poke his head out and shoot. Which, knowing him, he probably was. 

"10k, Murphy!" Warren shouted, and the boy nodded. He didn't even glance at (y/n), he simply ran off. She hated when he did that.

"What the hell is going on?" Addy panted, while they continued to take cover. 

"It's a damn Murphy free-for-all!" Doc retorted. The men that the bounty hunter had shot a few minutes before were turning already. (y/n) raised her pistol and held it steady with both hands, firing once and putting one of them down. 

"Time to go!" She called to them all, and they left their cover to run across the dark pavement of the street, further into whatever hell they'd found themselves in the middle of.