10

WAR
' You wanna start a war '

Day trip
Season 1 Episode 8
Part 1

"Hello, mother," I said while I was inside the tent talking to my mom through the radio

"How's it been down there?" She asked me and I let out a scoff.

"What do you want mother?" I asked her.

"I just want to know if you're okay?" She asked me and I roll my eyes. "Since when do you care?" I asked her crossing my arms.

"I'd always care." She told me with a smile.

"Really?" I said raising my eyes brows at her.

"Yes." She said to me.

"It's not true because if you did then you would've told me what happened to dad. And you would've been there for me but all you did was avoid me."I said while I feel tears streaming down my eyes.

"I'm so sorry." She told me and before she could say anything else I snapped at her.

"You don't get to apologize and then everything would be fine because it won't. You put me through hell. And yet you without hesitation sent me to the ground without even an explanation." I said to her as I heard her let out a sigh.

"We didn't have a choice the ark is dying at the chancellor wanted to know if it was survivable. And look it is." My mother said with a smile.

"What happened?" I asked her as I wiped my tears away.

"What?" She asked me confused.

"Why would they float dad?" I asked her.

"No, Madison-," she said before I snapped at her.

"I want to know the truth," I said to her.

"Please," I begged her that's when she took a moment and she spoke up.

"The truth is... The reason they floated your father was that he was a murderer." She said.

"What?" I said in disbelief.

"Your dad was stealing food from one of the men and he didn't take it how the rules are and he killed him to feed himself." My mom said to me.

"T-that can't be true. D-dad wasn't like that." I said to her stuttering.

"He changed, he knew that the ark was dying and he couldn't handle that he had to die. So he killed someone and Jaha sent him to the sky box before floating him." She told me and I had tears in my eyes.

"This is why you didn't tell me about how they floated him. And that what you told me was to hide from the truth about what happened to dad?" I asked her and she nodded.