Chapter 54

"Th--this is acid?" Elexar spoke throwing a rock inside. 

"Looks like it and you should definitely jump inside" Manik replied. 

"Shut up," He said angrily and turned around. He started looking at all sides. 

"Hey you, create a path for everyone" He spoke looking at lucy. 

She got irritated but looked at Ajeel and he nodded his head. 

*sigh* 

She created a water shield around everyone after everyone came together. She raised the water shield into the air so that they won't touch the acid which can create an acidic reaction. 

They walked to the other side without any issues and continued their journey. After walking for a few more minutes the night fell down. It was weird for everyone because they remember that it's been a few hours since they entered the forest and there is no way it is night already. 

They sense something is weird. 

"It's better to stay on guard" Elexar spoke. 

"You should do that because I don't know when I might stab you in your back" Manik replied. 

Nandini observed that Elexar is not doing anything to anyone. Even though Manik is speaking in a way that elexar can get angry. Elexar is calm and not doing anything. 

She is feeling that it might not be his choice to do this like this because it's his desperation.

They decided to rest down as the night sky is more darker than normal and no moonlight is falling into the forest.  

They lit a fire and rested down. 

"Don't try anything funny which can kill you everyone" Elexar soon disappeared into Nandini's shadow formed from the light. 

"Now what do we do now ?" Lucy spoke. 

"For starter..." Manik spoke as he got up and moved to Nandini. 

He hugged her holding her firmly in his grip. 

As she felt the warmth of his body. She hugged him back as slowly her tears fell down.

"I don't like this at all" She cried. 

"I know" 

He said slowly patting her head. 

"I don't want to bring back my mom again in this way. Nothing good will come out of this"  Her grip on his shirt tightened. 

He held her strongly not leaving. 

Lucy looked at Ajeel and held his hand. 

"let's go for a walk" She spoke and he silently followed her without a word. 

They started walking more deep into the forest. 

"Wait, this is dangerous" Ajeel spoke. 

She looked at him and gave him a smile. 

"Then I will trust you will protect me" She spoke and laid her head slowly on his shoulder while still holding his hand. 

"Are you crying?" Ajeel asked. 

"Huh? Why would I?" She spoke and looked at him and Ajeel got surprised to see her face full of tears. 

He didn't say a word before his hands wiped them slowly. 

She again laid her head on his shoulders. 

"What happened?" He asked slowly. 

"I begged for motherly love all my life. My sister and everyone who always wanted me to die never affected me much but being a disappointment to my mother used to scare me. I loved her but I couldn't do anything. She never treated me as her daughter so I don't know how motherly love would feel. Just listening to things from them both about Nandini's mother is just making me feel jealous."

"I never felt motherly love too but----" 

He started remembering things about lucy  (There will be special chapters about them later) 

"I am happy with you being in my life right now and that's all that matters. Because that's what is important to me. You are important to me" 

He said placing a small kiss on her forehead cupping her face. 

He pulled her in for a hug and made her rest on his chest. 

"Desire me. That's enough" He spoke and she closed her eyes and hugged him tightly. 

They broke the hug after a few minutes and Lucy went in for a small kiss on his lips and quickly turned away in embarrassment. 

Ajeel observed her ears that are a little red. 

He pulled her by her hand and pulled her face towards him. He cupped her face and pulled her close. 

"Now, That was not enough" He spoke and opened his mouth as if he is biting her but he slid his tongue inside her mouth and slowly started exploring her while raising his hand up and down on her waist. She is melting and he is there to catch her. 

He moved his other front slowly moving towards her chest. Lucy got embarrassed and pushed him away. 

"No---not here" SHe mumbled and her face is completely red. 

"He kissed her cheek and gave her a small smile.

They suddenly heard a large groan. Lucy flinched and looked at all sides. Sounded like an animal but nothing can be seen all around. 

"What was that" Lucy mumbled. 

"Let's go back for now" Ajeel spoke and held her hand pulling her back to the fire. 

Fire is the best to keep wild animals away at night but the sound of the animal's groans increased as they walked more closer to the fire. 

Nothing is being seen in the dark. 

They made a run and finally reached the place where Manik and Nandini are laying in each other arms. 

"We heard something" Lucy spoke and they came out of their own world. 

"What did you hear?" Nandini asked.

"That--" Before lucy can finish her sentence. A small light fell on them. 

It was the sunshade. 

It was not actually night. Instead, a large animal stood up suddenly causing a small earthquake that made them fall onto the ground. Manik caught Nandini and Ajeel caught lucy. 

"What the hell was that?" Lucy asked surprised. 

It is so tall that they can hardly see its face except for its feet which are as large as a big rock that can cover a complete village. 

Its leg looks like a rock with scales. It is red in color and it's nails looked so sharp enough to kill a person who gets stuck. 

The fire caught it's attention suddenly. 

"Crap" Manik spoke. 

It bent down as they hid behind a tree. Its eye is so big that it's scanning all around.