Chapter 56

Nandini: This place is weird. The day goes by quickly, the same goes for the night. But it gives a feeling like I DID stay or walk all day. I didn't see a single river with water till now, and not a single animal that can be hunted for meat. The walk feels like forever, and we are not reaching the destination yet. Everything we have now is so valuable, so stop doing things like this and wasting the resources we have. We don't know how many days we have to do this.

Her angry voice echoed.

Manik: Sorry

Elexar: I am sorry as well...

They both remained quiet after that.

*sigh*

Nandini: I didn't mean to yell... I am sorry, She mumbled.

Soon the light-filled their surroundings. The sun is up, and they didn't even get a chance to close their eyes even for a bit.

Lucy: Guys, this is getting scary... I think the time of a day and night being over are getting low as more time passes.

They all remained silent.

Nandini: We should write down the time for the day and nighttime for now. And compare it to the next day and nighttime. To see how fast this is going.

Ajeel: I don't think the day is moving at all. Ajeel surprised everyone.

Elexar: what do you mean by that?

He opened his palm and there is a small plant inside his hand. Having the body like a mushroom with a flower-like fragrance and softness, it is glowing. With some black marks on its head.

Elexar: What is that?

Ajeel: It's Ruise. It's a flower that glows in a day. No one can actually see it glow unless you touch it with your hand. Because of the bright daylight.

Elexar: So?

Ajeel: This flower has been glowing for 2 days and 2 nights. I have been keeping this with me just to make sure and...

Elexar: You mean the thing we are seeing is fake?

He nodded.

Manik: Then I know what the reason is... He spoke as we walked to the right of where they are standing. He showed them a plant half the size of his with a small opening in the mouth. Orange colored. Releasing air that is not visible to the Naked eye.

Manik: Lucy, form a magic shield around us with the flower in between.

Lucy nodded and did as she was asked and just in a few minutes the shield was filled with air that is like smoke which is making them feel dizzy and high.

Lucy immediately broke it, and they saw the day turn into night.

Nandini: Hallucinations?

Elexar: These flowers are everywhere we walked till now after the unusual day cycle started. He spoke and showed them the same kind of plants that are filled around them.

Manik: The distance we walked and the sleep we got, and also the night and day cycle. Everything was fake. He spoke as he burned down the plant.

They started burning all the plants that looked the same, and the daylight flashed. This was only the second day since they entered the forest.

The food is all in the same place as before. And as soon as the day flashed. They heard a small sound of the river flowing.

Nandini: This sound?

Lucy: A river!

They ran to that side immediately, and they screamed in joy to see an actual river.

Ajeel tasted it first and gave a thumbs up, saying it was good to go. They filled their bottles completely and started their journey again. Elexar opened the map again, and he knows exactly where they are now.

Elexar got surprised to see the plants and the information suddenly appearing on the map.

"These plants are called Hallu. They release gas to create hallucinations forming day and night so fast while leaving to feel like the whole day and night passed, making the person feel tired nevertheless and faint due to dehydration and soon die with no food and no sleep in a day. This is a trap.

They still have a third and last trap to pass to reach the final book. Which is not written on the map, and they don't know.

They passed many rivers as they found the first one. They also found many trees with fruits. There are many unique kinds that they have never ever seen in their life, but they tasted so good that they couldn't help but eat a lot.

The night fell for real this time as they walked for miles with an actual sense of direction this time, and they got so tired that they slept immediately as the night started. They didn't make any fire, creating a disturbance that can attract many animals which they don't know what.

The day started late as they felt like the sun didn't feel like raising up. The sunlight fell on them, which made the forest look so beautiful.

As they started walking again after consuming some fruits from the surrounding trees they felt a strange voice suddenly. A voice that is not being heard except giving the feel like someone is whispering in their ears.

The voice sound increased as they walked further. The voice is like someone is chanting something, but the voice is not so clear except for giving noise that increases as they walk further inside the forest.

The sound increased bit by bit.

*Ahhhh*

Nandini: This---

Nandini closed her ears in pain. The same goes for everyone. The sound became so loud that they couldn't help closing their ears and walking further.

The sound started increasing more making them feel like someone is constantly screaming so loudly in their ear making them feel the pain in their ear drums.

Lucy closed her ears so hard but still, the sound is echoing in everyone's ears.

"AHHHHHHHH"

The voice became so loud to the peak that everyone started screaming in pain. A drop of blood fell from one's ear to the ground.