Killing the craft

I'm lazy but is there point where lazy is just too extreme? I think so... humans do experience burn out, hell I do too. It is why I write like now, I disappear for a while and then I pop in to write again. Burn out. But this is just getting tired or being exhausted... not really laziness however with new innovation ai has been invented to make life a little easier for humans, at least this is what we are told or shown. However, the way ai art was pitched made it seem like ai would take over the art industry, the people who developed this technology, I wonder if they are artistic themselves or if they resent artists being that they could not grow this skill and have decided to turn to technology cause this is what they know. I learnt in life there are 2 types of people (possibly more but I wouldn't know cause I'm more of an introvert who hasn't been in a social environment much to analyze the rest). There are those that use the logical side of the brain and those who use the artistic side of the brain (obviously I'm the latter as I'm a creative thinker and not a logical one, which is why I hate math and why I love making art in the form of words, drawings, crafts and photography, it is also why I come up with ideas with no form of logic whatsoever cause I am still unfortunately living in a fantasy world called... my imagination (obviously, I'm joking but yes, I don't use the logical part of my brain much)). Is it possible to use both sides of the brain?? The full brain??? Idk... I have not researched it. If humans could use the entirety of the brain I wonder if we'd access a higher power, probably not but it's still a cool concept. Also don't ask me which side is the logical and which is the artistic, I'm not teaching biology I'm just saying what I know based on my own experience. Anyway back to the point, ai is here and not just in the art community but in the book community too. People say these inventions, which I still have yet to understand, can be both advantages and disadvantages to humans as a whole. Some argue that it can help us improve and make things we never thought were possible, grow our imaginations etc. As good as this sounds, it also has its downsides. I mean, come on... while other people might use ai art or ai writing tools to improve their works and help them create new things using the ideas and concepts these things generate there are also going to be those lazy pieces of scum that's even scummier than the bubble gum under your desk at school who are just going to post/sell, you name it, whatever these things produce without even making any changes or doing anything to make it their own. Why? Because they are lazy. I'm lazy too but the difference is I love my craft. I will never ask an ai to do my work for me and if I did use such tools I would use what it produces as a guide and add my own creativity to the mix. Same with ai art, I'd use it as a reference and do my own art work using it only for reference or I'd make a cr@p ton of edits till it matches my creative standards but if I edited I will not say it is my art, it's considered my edits and I'll gladly show you a before and after so you can see the manual edits, I did myself. I feel that although ai could be helpful it also is kinda scary and the reason why it is is cause it is uncharted waters. We don't know what these things are capable of. We don't understand them. We don't understand their concept. Humans usually fear what they do not understand (kinda like how they feared witches back in the past and we all know how that turned out... with pitchforks, mobs, a stake and a fire) and the art community are the mobs in this case as they can't seem to get a full understanding or comprehend just exactly what these things do. Some say they steal art, some say they learn art styles, some say they do take pieces from different artworks to create an image, some say they will be the end of art itself (its only the end of art if humans stop creating so quite frankly it is up to you as an artist if you chose to persevere or not). Do you give up cause of ai or do you just improve on your own craft? With each day of complaining you lose 1 day of improving your skills... think about that and use this to better yourself and better your work. ai was clearly created for industry work and mass production, cheaper, efficient, faster, can mass produce different things at a time (producing different variations of one concept when an artist can only produce one), this was obviously a step forward on the corporate side. Lets face it this is about exploitation and capitalism (or capitalizing on exploitation), a machine is cheaper than a human, they don't require wages or pay and if they do it is most likely cheaper than what one would pay an artist or creator. But come on don't make like this hasn't happened before, as I said use this as a way to improve your craft. With evolution things like this has been happening for centuries. As a crafter myself, I would know. Here's an example... mass producers vs hand made or crafted products (ie, Claire's vs hand crafted products) (You want another example... Shein vs a boutique which doesn't mass produce but make difference garments and offer customization for the customer). Moving on... ai was invented to give us an easy way out, clearly, but it is our choice whether to make ethical choices or not. Shrewd businessman are going to capitalise on this obviously and justify it but ai is out of the bag, it is here. Pandora's box has been opened and there is no way to close it. The unknown is scary and not understanding how they work makes it even more scary. I still am learning about them myself, so I still have much to learn and understand but I can say that the art community isn't happy about this and my scariest thought is... "what if one day humans no longer wrote books and everything was just ai." However, I still think there are some authors who love their craft so I doubt ai would stop those who love what they do.

Anyway this is my take on laziness and humanity turning to ai...

Post soon...