Too woke

Just a screenshot of my thoughts

Just a screenshot of my thoughts... I don't see colour I don't even mention it in my books even tough I have my own idea as to how they look and if I were to direct my works you would see that or if I were to draw them. I want my readers to relate to the character regardless of their colour. For example Bloom from winx club was my favorite character and the fact that she is a white redhead I would not change. What I liked about her was her personality... eg... that she brought the group of girls together, her leadership and also her naivety, I'm not talking of saga, I'm talking of the cartoon winx club. Regardless of her race or ethnicity I could relate to her. I understand we need diversity but race swapping existing characters the author envisioned just rubs me the wrong way. I give my reader the freedom to envision how the characters look however my set view is what the outcome would be of my interpretation of my own stories. It does actually have diversity in some of what I wrote being that I am a mixed race person writing with and from the perspective of how I see the world just I didn't feel it was relevant to show completely so... also I do give hints shown based on where each of my books are set. For example the one based on shoujo was set in Japan so that gives hints as to what character the reader is reading about however, I didn't specify skin tone as I felt it wasn't that important. I know it is but for me, personally, it isn't. If I relate to a character never once has it been cause of their skin colour so it wasn't really that important for me however, what was important and worth mentioning was their features like eye colour, hair colour etc but not their skin tone. So I never bothered to mention it although I do have a set skin tone for them in my idea as to how they look.

 So I never bothered to mention it although I do have a set skin tone for them in my idea as to how they look

He said it himself... the content of their character. Not the colour of their skin. So why, why do we always have to spoon feed an audience by making the entire story revolve around colour when what we need is good characters that grow with the reader regardless of seeing the colour of their skin.

Anyway that's that...

Post soon...