❝One❞

April, 2022

April, 2022.

2:01 pm

The beeping sound echoed throughout the room, the doctors hovered around the stretcher bed either side of it, the hands were busy in their own respective roles of saving the life of the person lying on the bed with the lamp over the patient had given the better access of the lightning to continue with their operation as their focused eyes on their tasks continued until the stitches on the wound had been stitched at last.

"How's the blood pressure, Nurse. Kim?"

A gentle yet firm voice asked, her brown eyes looking up from the patient to the nurse standing by the monitor who gave her a nod back. "Blood pressure has gotten normal, Dr. Baek."

"Better."

Another feminine voice uttered, and everyone turned to her with a nod back as she gave a last smile to the doctor who was assisting her with a satisfied nod, but the latter could make out the smile on her lips behind the mask as she watched her stepping back. "Then, shift the patient to the room and everyone did a good job today," She paused, locking eyes with her assisting doctor. "You too, Dr. Baek."

The latter let out a sigh behind her mask, with her eyes turning in a crescent shape as if showing her smile through her eyes. "Likewise, prof. Baek."

She walked out of the operation room following her behind as both of them were quick to slip out of their operating room attire to walk side by side down the hallway where prof. Baek Ji-Hye tilted her head towards the lady walking beside her with a proud smile. "You have gotten better, Inha."

Inha, who was just done tying her hair in a bun behind her nape had her head whipped toward her with her lips gracing a soft smile at the compliment from the doctor she admires before shoving her hands in her pocket of her scrubs. "Like you say, practice makes it better, mom."

"I'm always proud of you." She beamed, patting her forearm with a gentle tap and Inha couldn't be more happier as she nodded. "Me too."

"And don't mind about whatever people say because you're a really good doctor."

Inha stared at her for a moment, knowing what she was getting at before nodding with a smile where Ji-Hye got a call to which Inha peeked through only to smile as it was her dad and her mother was quick to answer but before she could have said anything, he had spoke up, more like sang.

"Honey~"

Baek Ji-Hye rolled her eyes, not at her husband but at her daughter who had imitated his father at the same time and earned a light smack on her back from her mother with a chuckle as she walked away to her cabin while gesturing Inha to come home soon to which she nodded with a smile until she watched her mother entering into the elevator where Inha let out a sigh, thinking about her words where the words of people around beamed in her mind again.