❝Seventeen❞

"Goodnight, Baek Inha

"Goodnight, Baek Inha."

A silence followed, a silence of his side of line, and a silence of her line, and it was cut off with a sound of beep but he stood still, the phone still pressed against his ear as he recalled their conversation of a mere minutes, and the mere minutes felt like an ease yet much like a heavy rock placed on his heart as the two words of their wish-well echoed in his mind but felt like a silent goodbye.

A swallow of his tightened throat, and Sehun looked at the blue sky emerged with the snowflakes pouring in its beautiful form behind his blurry burning eyes.

The two words were still making a silent chaos in his mind, his heart was piercing unpleasantly at it because he never wanted to utter those words, not when it felt like a goodbye since he wanted to utter the words of his depth, the depth of affection he had been keeping inside his heart from the moment he had realized his affection for her; Inha.

He could never forget that moment, the moment of him leaving his home, his parents, his friends like family, and her, and her teary eyes bidding him a safe journey, her back facing him, her steps distancing from him as he watched it all with a heavy heart; with a piercing pain of unexplainable feeling.

And it got him.

It got him the moment he had taken a step back from her; the moment when he had thought of leaving something precious, something like a home behind, something like a warmth and he realized it the moment of her back retreating, the moment of her last words behind.

And he couldn't do anything but stayed still with a painful piercing in his heart, and tears in his eyes.

He felt like an idiot for realizing it too late; the timing of his realization, as if it wasn't in his hold; as if the time wasn't in their hold.

He tucked his phone back in his thick jacket, and began his walk by the park where he had came to take a morning walk as he still had to practice, practice his swimming after two months of his overworking his muscles and James had strictly prohibited him from practicing till his muscles heals yet him being the stubborn boy was being stubborn until Jinsoo had him talk to Minho and in the end, he had to comply like usual.

But the main reason was her words; her words of hope for him, to hold on to it, that had been engraved in his heart and whom his heart always follows on its own, before he didn't know the reason but now he knows.

He still remembers the time he had arrived in this foreign place, the people here, and the atmosphere of this place seemed like an alien thing to him, that even he found hard to communicate and that learning about the foreign language before his arrival here had helped him talk, and even though he had gotten one or two people to converse, he still felt lonely, he missed his people, his friends, and Inha.

His friends were the one pushing him ahead, and Inha was the one listening to his words like being his all ears like always, that how lonely this place had been, how swimming has been the only thing close to him, and she heard it like always behind her heartwarming words of how he had worked hard to reach there, and how he had to be there to reach where he wants to now; that's how she had motivated him, like always.