❝Fourteen❞

Silence

Silence. Shock. Frozen.

And a long gaze of the two people meeting after almost a decade.

The faint waves of the blue water were echoing in the whole silent court; the cause of the waves were the two people standing in the middle of it in a lost, yet long bore of their eyes into each other, together.

The sight was unexpected; unbelievable.

Inha's widened eyes bored into his exact round ones; her eyes slowly adapting the scene, and the sight of him standing in front of her, holding her against him safely until it started to hit her; and her heart began to pound behind her chest in a way that she found hard to breathe yet she could feel the rapid beat of his heart against her.

Sehun had to take a good minute to believe the sight before his eyes; his eyes were boring into the pair of brown ones he had been longing to see; to meet, and the moment was here, she was standing right in front of him, holding him like her life was dependent on him but it was enough, it was enough for his heart to jolt up in a wild beat behind his chest.

A wave of bliss was around; unknowingly behind the sudden wave of nervousness.

Inha's eyes unknowingly noticed his change; but nothing was changed, only the rapid age of his had made him look more mature than before; he wasn't that teenager who had left nine years ago, because now before her eyes was standing a man; yet nothing changed.

He was still the Oh Sehun from nine years ago.

And sudden flashbacks of theirs had gone through her head like a bittersweet feeling.

However, she wasn't the only one; he couldn't believe the sight in front of him, as his eyes continued to gaze at her with a blissful warmth in his heart, as after the longing of his heart he was finally seeing her face; matured, but still the same.

She was still the Baek Inha from nine years ago.

A sudden blur of their vision and their gaze averted away until he met her eyes again with a subtle yet confused smile on his lips as to what to utter at such moment yet all he could say was. "Hey?"

The moment Inha had heard him; her mind was alarmed in a panic motion to immediately gasp as she instantly pulled away only to find herself in the pool drowning again with her arms flapping against it to splash the whole water on the man standing in front of her with a dumbfounded look.

He was right; she hadn't changed.

Yet he was quick to take a hold of her to pull her to himself again and Inha's arms wounded around his neck; her mouth in agape as she took heavy breaths again to meet his eyes to find him close enough; staring back at her with his arms around her waist, his hair damp pushed back with some drops of water on his face.

But something was different; his eyes glinted differently and her heart couldn't stop her rapid pace but so was his.

"I never really thought of this warm meet-up."