❝Sixteen❞

December, 2013

December, 2013

8:34 pm

A color of dark had covered the bright sky but like the usual crescent moon, like the usual twinkling stars, the black painted sky was painted just black; without any ounce of any brightness down the world, the world that had engulfed a person in the same amount of gloom; without any ounce of brightness.

As the only thing being witnessed was the season of winter; the coldness engulfing her without any warmth.

"I'll be careful next time."

Inha bid goodnight to the owner of the Café, the place she had started working her part-time for a month now, not because she didn't decide that she'd never but this one decision came to her with a circumstance, a circumstance that involved her family, something she could never turn her back on, not after the typhoon that had fallen over them, on her family.

Especially her father; the one who has always shown her daughter his brightest smile but the typhoon took it away along with the only thing he had been cherishing all this time.

His restaurant; his home. Their home.

Inha still remembers his expression when he had broken the news to her; the home they had been living in, the restaurant that he and her mother had been given their life to had to be closed; closed as in, forever and their expression held a gloom; pain, that was enough to send an unpleasant pierce through her heart but she didn't cry.

Not in front of them; she couldn't.

Because she had to be strong for them; she was always good at hiding it, but there was a time she didn't have to because of that certain person who had taught her not to hide it but became that certain someone whom she had to hide it from and it hurt.

And it still hurts, like right now.

Inha had bit her quivering lip with her fingertips holding her earlobe as her steps walked down the path in a slow pace; her vision blurry as she was reminded of the things happening in her life at the moment, the life was showing her the cruelty of the world after the moment she had passed one of the hardest one, the hardest one of the broken heart, the hardest one that was showing how the world wasn't like her dreams.

And the hardest that was yet to come.

Her arms had pulled the thick jacket closer to herself as she remembered the earlier scene of the owner of the Café lecturing about her mistake but was it really her mistake of defending herself from the person who had tried to be the bad one? Was she in the wrong for saving herself from the assault her father and mother had taught her not to run away from?

The questions popped into her head and the only answer she got was that she had to endure it for the only ones who had taught her to not to turn away from it.