❝Ten❞

10:36 am

10:36 am

Silence.

The swimming pool court was silent unlike last time; the time he had heard those cheers, the chaos, and the time he had felt that disappointment after the loss but it came with a realization of his dream and a determination to accomplish it; win it.

Sehun stood over the edge of the pool, his eyes gazing down at the blue water in a trance of his thoughts while his hands shoved into his hoodie pockets before his thoughts crossed the evening of the sport's day; the people who had brought him up back from his dejected mood following up with a laughter behind.

Inha's strong splash of water towards Jinsoo for accidentally throwing her in the pool crossed his mind and his lips curved in a soft yet subtle smile unknowingly with an unknown sudden urge to meet her after this practice session of his.

At the moment, a familiar voice went through his ears behind a microphone which echoed throughout the whole court.

"Good morning, though it's past to say, however it's not too late to wish a greeting."

An airy chuckle afterwards and Sehun had to shake his head.

"Today is cold as usual but the pouring snow outside still feels warm somehow and I hope this day, for you, passes like a warm sunlight, like this season, like this day with a beautiful hope."

"We read this beautiful letter by an anonymous person to start this day with a smile and end this year with beautiful memories."

A minute after, a song decided by the anonymous person was being played in the background but Sehun stayed still; the words from Jinsoo had beamed like a wave of warmth as he couldn't help but smile after the upset mood of his.

"Someone's in a good mood today."

Sehun was quick to glance at the voice along with his smile dropping off which was overtaken with a blank look toward the person; Kyung-Woo.

"What do you mean?" He questioned, his frown appearing visibly and found the latter shrugging with a nonchalance as he stood beside him. "I don't know, you tell me," He trailed off, glancing at the pool for a second to meet Sehun's eyes again. "You have been in a sour mood for the past three weeks but today I'm seeing a smile."

Sehun blinked a couple of times, suddenly getting reminded of his instant change of mood and who the person was and that made him silent for a moment to shrug back. "Just because."

"As you say, boy."

"Weren't you on your way home?"

"Yeah, I forgot my phone," He trailed off, waving it in front of him with a smile before tilting his head. "You were just so lost to realize it," He paused with a chuckle. "Anyway, I'm off, take a good rest."

He gave Sehun a gentle pat on his shoulder to walk away where Sehun watched his back until he found another familiar person walking in, as he shared a quick nod with Kyung-Woo who walked past him outside where Sehun met his best friend's eyes who shot him his bright smile.