❝Thirteen❞

May, 2022

May, 2022

7:43 pm

The dusk had followed; a kind of dusk that beamed the light blue shade of the sky after the sunset and it was being seen through the two apartments of the building; the difference was one had a beam of city lights beaming through the glass window while the other one had just the crossing roads lights; different, but so same in their own ways.

A kind of difference that had to be emerged.

In the midst of the busy time, the young man was walking around his room in a pace of getting his outfit done to be done with his only schedule left but it wasn't a part of the schedule yet it felt like it; he just wanted to get over with it to have a good rest of sleep at night.

His tall figure stood in front of the mirror of his vanity as he checked himself for a good minute in his black denim tucked in button down into his jeans with the two top buttons undone displaying the golden chain around his neck with a little bit of a glance at his face to glance at the mole on the curve of his neck while his hands seemed to be rolling up the sleeves.

His eyes took a look at his wrist, at the worn bracelet to be said; the symbol of their friendship and the day of his departure from the airport a few years ago crossed his mind like a memory.

A memorable moment for him but with a moment of something he never thought of; something he used to have a regret for but something he was slowly accepting it with a heavy heart.

It was meant to be probably.

But who would tell him that it wasn't; that it wasn't just his time.

But it would change; his thoughts, and his time and he didn't have to know it, yet.

A subtle smile graced his lips as he stared at it for a good minute to immediately wear his wristwatch, before taking along his phone with the air pods; his always thing for him, something that never changed, sometimes some changes are unchangeable; for him, it was always like it.

The next moment, he covered his face with the black mask; a baseball cap on his head before he had walked out of his room, his living room while wearing his sneakers in a quick pace before he could get late for the prior appointment he had or he'd have to listen to the rants for a while.

And he didn't like it; as listening to the music was the only thing he'd listen to for a while yet this something was going to change and this change would be likable; for him.

The moment he had opened the door of his unit; the door of the apartment across from his one was left open with a decent space, enough for his eyes to glance at the certain spot, the spot of the stool of the kitchen counter but it wasn't the stool that got his enough attention, it was the white lab coat placed on it.

His eyes blinked a couple of times as a memory of her crossed his mind again, yet not again, and the corner of his lips curved upwards in a smile of trance; a trance of the memory which still warms his heart like nothing else in the world.