❝Nine❞

7:12 am

7:12 am

"I'm off to school!"

Jinsoo exclaimed, as soon as his steps halted after ascending the stairs from his room by the entrance door while putting his shoes on in a haste since he didn't want to get late for school; his always record of reaching on time was something he didn't want to break, yet it seemed like it was going to as he still had to pick up his best friend, who has kept her record of never being on the time.

But it felt like it was going to change; he was going to change it.

"At least, have some breakfast!"

His mom yelled from the kitchen as he shot a quick glance at the dining room to find his grandfather and his big brother already on the task of it along with his mother but he shook his head, shooting a smile. "I can't get late, mom. Have to pick up Inha too!"

He immediately adjusted his long thick brown coat over his shoulders to exit his home while shoving his cold hands into the coat's pocket to warm them up with a quick huff the moment he felt a wave of coldness touching his face, a wave of white fog leaving his lips; indicating the arrival of the winters with the new month of November.

He was quick to do a little jog towards Inha's home; right across from his home and he was glad that the front door was open knowing that Inha's mother would be leaving for her work too, as the next minute, he stood by the entrance area as taking off his shoes seemed like a hassle at the moment while his eyes looked around the living room to find Ji-Hye rummaging through her purse to hear some sounds from the kitchen.

"Good morning, busy people."

He greeted, with his ever different greeting in the morning but the people were used to it to even get surprised as Ji-Hye was quick to forward her smile toward him. "Why are you standing there though?"

"Can't break the record of getting late, doctor." He let out a chuckle. "Please, call Inha."

"I'm here!"

Both of them turned to find Inha coming down through the stairs, her cream colored coat almost slipping off her shoulders where her open hair were resting smoothly with her backpack in her hand as her feet hidden under the black legging socks could be felt cold by the wooden steps but still her smile was beaming warmly as she reached out to Jinsoo.

"Let's go!"

"Wait, bubble, have some breakfast first."

Daewon walked out, holding a plate in his hand which was filled with some Kimbap while his other hand was tucked under the shopper glove with an apron still around him as he stopped in front of the two kids who were in a hurry but couldn't let them go without having their stomachs filled with some food.

"Uncle," Jinsoo pouted, but in an admiring manner towards Daewon. "You know I love your handmade Kimbap so that's why you made it, right?"

Daewon couldn't help but chuckle. "Yes, now have some," He trailed off, grabbing a piece of sliced one to forward towards Jinsoo's mouth while the latter was quick to open his mouth wide to feel his favorite taste in his mouth as he munched, to show him a thumbs up. "Wow, always the best!"