❝Nineteen❞

8:02 pm

8:02 pm

"If you change your mind, please contact me."

Yoojung uttered, handing out her card to the teenage grandchild of the man she had come to meet, the man who had aged in his 60s now, the man who had witnessed the accident of her grandma ten years ago outside his convenience store that was outside of their neighborhood along a surveillance recording but was silenced due to the threat of the higher people who had also cleared up the sole evidence.

She had walked out of house with dejection; her heart sinking at the feeling; a feeling of losing of something she had just started, as her steps paced to the car waiting for her along with her person standing by it; Jinsoo, he had been with her from the moment she had made this decision like her friends, and as soon as she was standing in front of him, her heart welled up beaming through her teary eyes.

"Is it a no?" He asked, and Yoojung nodded, looking down. "He said he doesn't want to risk his family's life, I did assure him but he's adamant to it," She looked up at him with her blurry vision. "I feel like losing already, Jinsoo."

"Honey." He uttered softly and immediately pulled her in a hug; Yoojung was quick to embrace him to lean into his warm comfort, as he patted her head. "We'll make it happen, don't lose hope, Yoo."

Five days.

Almost a week.

It's been those days since that night of that unpredictable truth was discovered from the squad's past, and Yoojung was on the work of finding that one evidence to reopen that case, even though her mind kept having thoughts of what ifs; what if of not finding any evidence? What if of the incident being an old one so it wouldn't make any difference? But the moment of her grandma's funeral, her moments with her, and the injustice to her had alerted her, an alarm of keep going, an alarm of not backing down to serve her the justice she deserves, and for how she had come to become a lawyer.

The next day, Jinsoo found her putting all night to look for the old cases regarding Jong Sae-jin, his politician father who was no more but left his deeds behind, and Ae-cha's case of closing down for not having any evidence regarding the hit-and-run, and at that moment, Minho had helped by looking for the evidence to the police station, which came to them as a surprise since it was cleared off but Minho had a hunch that it wasn't, for the ones trying to find out the truth it was, but for the people keeping it to use against them wasn't.

That time, Minho had fight through all but the world really works for the ones who prioritize money, and privileges but this time, he knew someone in that place who could help them, the officer who was appointed nine years ago, his friend, the one who had let the squad go through his friendship with him, was now a high ranked cop and he had helped them search the lost, and the apparent evidence of the surveillance footage.

Jinsoo still remembers the moment of Yoojung crying in his arms after she had watched the footage, and seeing Minho's gloomy expression had given him enough understanding of it, to cry along with her that went same for Sehun and Inha, after the squad had gathered in their hang out place.