❝Twenty-one - II❞

11:20 pm

11:20 pm

"They got my room in a mess."

Inha uttered, picking up the scattered jenga, and cards from her bed to place it back on its original place; it hadn't been that long since they came back from the dinner with a little celebration of the proposal too, but the night couldn't be ended so soon since they were already leaving the day after tomorrow so the squad had gathered in Inha's room to play cards, and jenga with some beers together.

The empty bottle of beers were thrown by Sehun who had exited her room after sending the drunk Jinsoo in Yoojung's hold to their room leaving Inha behind with a goodnight.

Inha sniffled, and wore her green cardigan around her black tank top since the playful act at the beach with water had left her in cold shivers already; perks of being sensitive to cold, before walking over to the balcony door to close it but at that moment, her eyes spotted a familiar man; the only one who stood in her eyes even from afar; Sehun.

He was walking down the edge of the pool alone, even if the area was surrounded by a few people, he seemed to be alone right now and her heart wanted to be by his side, as if her thoughts had taken over her system, she found herself walking out of the room down from the third floor as she reached the area of the pool to find him seated on the edge, his feet dangling in the blue water.

Sehun's eyes were glued to the blue water reflecting his face but his focus was on his thoughts that had engulfed him enough to get lost in it, the thoughts of the turning point of the event today he had been distracting himself from, the tournament was important to him yet his non-participation had him sinking with a feeling of loss but hearing about the postponement about it left him in a relief, as he could do it now but the thought about not being able to find swimming connected to him again like before had him scared.

It had been his dream, and he couldn't afford to lose his dream because he had nothing after that.

But he had, someone who had always believed in him, had him find his dream, and somewhere that someone had become a unachievable dream for him now.

At the moment, he felt that someone by his side with her cat-like presence, the one that came in his life, and heart without any sound but still resides like a sound of melody, the one his heart had been reaching out to but couldn't hold it.

Her familiar feet had dangled in the water and as if he knew the next actions, she had shrieked and he wasn't surprised to just smile; it always happened with her.

"It'll be better slowly."

Inha heard him, and relaxed her feet in the cold water swaying beside his ones as a silence followed, their shoulders in an almost brush, like their hands on the edge in an almost graze of touch until her foot had bumped into his intentionally. "Celeb."

He bumped his foot back against hers. "Doc-lady."

Another one from her behind her soft giggles. "What are you doing here?"