❝Eighteen❞

3:13 pm

3:13 pm

The sun seeping its heated warmth in arrival of summer was slowly covered by the bubbling white clouds until the clouds were merged in a color of gray; a kind of gray that gave people a hunch of the rain, as the weather forecast had been updating on the billboard of the building of the upcoming rain that had been happening from the past week.

The sound of thunder was enough to prove it, the hustle bustling road of people was being wet by the heavy rain, some running back and forth to save themselves from getting wet, or some just letting the rain welcome them in the arrival of the monsoon season that came predicted yet not really.

Like the unpredicted was waiting for it to be predicted.

Jinsoo stood by the glass window of his cabin; his eyes staring at the pouring rain through it with a smile with his hands shoved in his pockets of his formal suit, his underneath button down shirt being sleeved up after the work of the photo shoot being done for today.

The protagonist of it was his best friend seated on the swivel chair of his table as he looked over his shoulder to find Sehun facing the glass window like him but his head was leaned back against the headrest of the chair with his eyes closed as he listened to his music through the airpods plugged in his ears.

Jinsoo smiled; his unchanged best friend was still the same and love for the music was still in sight.

"Did he fall asleep?"

He looked over at the person sitting on the couch of his cabin, Ah-Young, in her casuals having a sip of her coffee as she was the exact same protagonist of the photo shoot but happened to wait for her manager to pick her up who, at the moment was late so Jinsoo had invited her to wait in his cabin while Sehun wanted to explore his office more that he couldn't do last time because of his tight schedule but for now, he was free from it, so without even listening to Jinsoo he had settled in leaving the latter with a roll of his eyes.

Best friends for a reason indeed.

"I guess, his schedule must be tight for him to get tired."

Jinsoo mumbled, looking at him softly and Ah-Young couldn't help but notice to chuckle. "You must have missed him."

Jinsoo met her eyes with a smile as he nodded. "Yeah, we all missed him," He trailed off, walking up to her as he took a seat across from her. "I heard you have been friends with him for years now."

Ah-Young nodded. "We met in a photo shoot for an ad but we both happened to be as reserved as ever to talk so we just exchanged some greetings," She paused, with a chuckle. "But our shoots just kept colliding together so we happened to talk, and we just got close since then but of course," She trailed off, pointing at him. "I could never reach up to your level."

Jinsoo chuckled, glancing at Sehun's back turned chair towards to look back at her. "Did he talk about us?"

"Given his character, he wouldn't talk much about it," Ah-Young made a face towards him earning an acknowledging chuckle from Jinsoo before she smiled. "But, there was a time he told me about you guys, how you all used to be a known group of friends in high school and how you all have helped him reach his dream, and after listening to him, I really wanted to see who was dealing with him so handily."