❝Thirty-two (Epilogue)❞

11:31 pm

Paris, France.

Night. Silence. Cold. City lights. Snowfall.

And an embrace of a homely warmth.

A familiar yet unfamiliar place was engulfed in a soothing silence like the unfamiliar dark room was in an illumination of the city lights through the closed balcony door where the second last day of December was saying a beautiful goodbye by the enchanting snowfall pouring through the cold darkening night down the roads.

Yet the embrace of the homely warmth had engulfed the two people; Baek Inha and Oh Sehun.

The two of them had their arms around each other close; in the deep slumber under the warm comforter yet being the comfort person of one and another had brought more sooth, and solace in their hearts; the feeling of being home at last.

The one being lost for a while to be found back at last to the one where it always had been.

A slight squeezing movement, and Inha's slumber mind seemed to be awakening to the world, as her arm around her comfort person tightened to bury her face more into his neck with a realization of something hitting her drowsy mind as within a second, she had leaned back carefully like her eyes fluttered opened slowly to greet the darkness around the room illuminated with the faint lights through the balcony.

Her eyes were quick to glance at Sehun to find him sleeping on his side, his face buried in the pillow that was snuggled into her hair a second back, and his arms around her in a fold like he had hugged her close to him with her head on his bicep but Inha could only stare at him through the faint light as her palm was quick collide his forehead gently to the curve of his neck with a relieved heart.

Fortunately, his fever was gone.

The one condition she had found her man the moment she had arrived at this unfamiliar place to surprise him but instead he had surprised her with his fever; the audacity of his to not to even inform her that it was serious after their phone call where she had understood his change of voice but him being himself had assured her it wasn't serious yet she had found him coughing and burning up on the bed of his hotel room.

He was on his schedule again; no plans for his off to celebrate a new year where the flights from Paris to Korea had been booked for him to come back on time to spend the new year with her and with their family and friends.

He was upset, and in a down mood for not being able to spent the important time with her that Inha could tell since she was feeling the same because it was their first new year after their nine years phase, and how the things had been before, both of them had plans, and heart to spent it together yet his schedule gave them a cancelation of their plans.

However, Inha couldn't let that happen, as much as she wanted to celebrate her new year with her family and friends, Sehun had become both of it in the most enormous way that she couldn't think of spending the important night without him, and hence, she decided to go to him like he had been doing for her.