Sugar Rush (Pt 4)

(Y/n) P.O.V

I over took Hiro again ten minutes later and heard him yell in annoyance. He increased his speed and started to catch up to me.

In the rear view mirror, I noticed he gained a power up, enabling him to shoot me down with ice cream! Luckily for me, he was bad at aiming and missed every time.

We continued up the cherry cake hill and soon we were on the jellybean mountain.

Our kart dramatically slowed down as we bounced high into the air. I still had to wait another whole minute before I could glitch and get the race over and done with.

Hiro had started to catch up to me. Come on glitch... Ten more seconds... I urged.

Hiro was already up to the back of my kart.

10 seconds...
I was running out of time and the finish line was metres away... 5...4...3...2...1 and I could glitch!

I shut my eyes and teleported to the finished line. I got out of my cart and cheered as Hiro slowed to a stop to.

"Good game (y/n), that was actually surprisingly fun." Hiro said.

"I know right?! It's even crazier when a game player selects you to race! It's all competitive and sometimes you even explode when you fall off track!" I shrieked in excitement.

Hiro stared at me horrified. "You blow up?!" He repeated, unsure if that's what I had said. I nodded at his statement.

"Yeah, it's really cool though-"

"Why aren't you dead though?" Hiro asked confused.

"You can't die in your own video game, you always respawn... It's fun really." I explained. Hiro nodded his head in understanding.

"Does it hurt when you die?" He asked. I laughed.

"I don't feel anything, unless I'm in the outside world, I don't feel pain, I'm merrily a piece of coding in a game console." I said. Hiro nodded his head in thought.

"That makes sense." He said. I looked at my multipurpose watch.

"Hiro, it's getting late, the arcade will close soon, you need to go home." I said.

"Sure, but could you help me? I still have no idea how you managed to take me here."Hiro said sheepishly. I nodded and held his hand.

I shut my eyes and we teleported inside of the arcade. Hiro turned to me one last time. "When you held my hand, I got a weird feeling... At first I didn't know what it was and I brushed it off... But now I know." He said.

My breath hitched... Was this some sort of confession? Hiro leaned in and kissed my lips quickly.

"See you tomorrow? Maybe race again and eat all the gummy bears in the forest?" Hiro suggested. I laughed at his protests.

"We will think about it." I said waving to him. He waved one more time and ran through the automatic doors.

I teleported back to the land of Sugar Rush to see Venellope smirking.

"I saw everything, you guys are so cute!" She squealed.

"How did you see?" I asked shocked. She laughed and rolled her eyes. Once she calmed down a bit, she pointed up to the screen were there arcade player would sit and stare at.

"Wow... I actually forgot about that." I said, face palming mentally.

"But I still ship you guys!" Vanellope cheered.

I blushed a shade of dark red. "Thanks..." I mumbled.

"Also, I got a video of the moment, Ralph found it really cute." Vanellope informed me. I froze on the spot.

Did she just say what I think she said!? "No you didn't!" I protested. Vanellope grinned and nodded her head.

"Sure did." She smirked. I lunged at her only to hit my head against the wall.

"Ow! Delete the video before anyone else sees!" I exclaimed.

"To late for that, I put it up in Game Central." Vanellope said. I stared at her mouth open.

"Pleas say you didn't." I begged.

"I never lie." Vanellope laughed. I groaned and put my hands into my face.

"So, your really like the Hiro kid huh?" Vanellope asked, trying to break the awkward silence that we shared between us.

"Yeah... He just seems so nice and kind and he is actually also a superhero! I found it hard to believe at first but then he showed me his epic armour and some photos of him and his friends." I explained.

"I'm happy for you." Vanellope said, putting a reassuring hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks Van." I said. She turned to face me.

"No problem (y/n)." No problem at all." Vanessa exclaimed.

We pushed all the go karts away and sat on the park bench. "Can't wait to race that kid again!" I exclaimed.

"He seems really cool."

"Seriously, he is."