Leap Years

(Y/n) P.O.V

I would be the youngest child to ever attend SFIT in history!!!! My sister Honey Lemon, as her friends called her, dragged me to the school, completely excited.

She lead me through many rooms and labs until she came upon the familiar one I grew to know. She stepped inside and pushed me in, dragging me left right and centre.

"Hi GoGo!" I cheered as the tomboy walked over to me.

"Sup Lucky?" She asked. Like everyone here, Fred gave me a nickname the minute he saw me, he questioned me a lot and decided to name me Lucky, why? Because I was born on the rarest day in the world!

It was the 29th of February.

That date came around only once every four years which meant I was actually extremely young.

So to be precise, I was actually 3 and a  half, to everyone else, I would naturally be 13.

"Oh hey Lucky! I remember Honey Lemon screaming in happiness about you joining here!" Fred ruffled my hair.

"You should meet Hiro!" Wasabi suggested as GoGo ran off to find this "Hiro" person. I talked with the gang for a while and we started to talk about many things, they shared their latest adventure with me, being superheroes they had such an exciting life!

GoGo came back a while latter with a boy a bit older than me. "Lucky, this is Hiro, Hiro, this is Lucky, Honey Lemon's sister." GoGo said.

"Hi!... Is that a nickname or your real name?" I asked cheerfully. Hiro laughed.

"No, mine's real, what about yours?" He asked. I shook my head to say "no".

"It's just a nickname Fred gave me. My real name is (y/n)." I smiled.

"Cool! But why Lucky?" Hiro questioned.

"Because (y/n) is born on the rarest day in the world!" Fred squealed.

"You make it sound like its huge." I pointed out.

"But it is! I mean, you rarely get birthdays so we always need to throw a party to make up for the ones you never get!" Honey Lemon said.

Hiro gave me a confused look. "I'm only 3 and a half years old... My birthday is on the 29th of February." I explained.

"Three years old?! So you're like... 12?" Hiro asked.

"13, it's a little complicated." I explained. Hiro nodded in understanding.

"That's pretty cool though, to say your 3 and a half and see everyone's reactions." GoGo pointed out. I shrugged.

"True."

"Oh! We should show the gang our amazing chemical reaction!" Honey Lemon squealed at the sudden idea.

"Sure!" I agreed, running after her to her lab. We pushed a 400 pound ball of iron and silver and set up our formula.

It turned a pretty violet colour and I poured it over the ball. "Just add a bit of water... And..." Honey Lemon giggled as she used a beaker to drop the water.

As soon as the liquid went into contact with the violet ball, it started to immediately expand bigger and bigger.

"Um... Is it meant to do this?" Wasabi quivered in fear.

"Yup!" I laughed.

"It's gonna pop!" Hiro yelled as the ball continued to grow.

"That's the point knucklehead!" Honey Lemon jumped up and down as the ball reached breaking point.

Soon, it exploded with a fart sound, giving off the essence of garbage.

"That smells awful!" Wasabi gaged.

"Stop whining, woman up!" GoGo muttered. I smiled proudly at the object that stood before us, a tall blue diamond pillar stood before us, shinning bright.

The rest of the gang hadn't noticed the remarkable sight as they were busy talking about how bad it smelt.

It was Fred who started to scream and jump around in happiness that got them to see it.

"Woah!!! That's sick!" Hiro exclaimed.

"You truly are lucky!" Fred gasped, I laughed.

"It's called a chemical reaction." Honey Lemon explained as wasabi inspected the diamond.

"This could be worth quite a lot." He noted.

"Can you make other colours like red?" GoGo asked. Honey Lemon and I created another formula and tried it out. We added water and received the smelling scent again.

This time, we got a small Ruby in the shape of a perfectly cut sphere. "You could make quite the business back there." GoGo noted.

"It was all Lucky's idea! She mixed the main chemicals and POOF! We saw diamonds!!!" Honey Lemon explained.

"That's so cool!" Fred called. "You should try making an invisible sandwich." Fred suggested.

"I should try, shouldn't I??" I agreed, laughing lightly at the impossible idea.

"Then I could eat it and people would-"

"Would think you're crazy, I know, I know, I know!" Honey Lemon cut off off, waiting for him to be quiet.

Everyone laughed loudly at Fred's facial reaction.