No Matter Where You Are

Hi! I'm glad I'm updating more! This is a request for RomanticWaltz2764 The song the one shot is based on is No Matter Where You Are from the movie the Book Of Life.

(Y/n) P.O.V

Flashback

Hiro and I were five, two peas in a pod, inseparable. The best of friends. What ever you want to call it.

We were the smartest kids our primary school had ever seen, the youngest and the craziest. Five and already in grade 2. Aunt Cass, Tadashi and my mum were all very proud.

We ran around the primary school play ground, having the times of our lives. Like we do every day, most kids thought us crazy and to hyper but in all honesty, it was just us being kids.

I will stay by you
Even when we fall
I will be the rock,
that holds you up
And lifts you high so you stand tall

We were playing tip and I was currently it. "Catch me if you can!" Hiro yelled. I giggled uncontrollably and ran after him. Running around the play ground equipment and dodging the muddy puddles. Everything was running smoothly until I slipped and plummeted to the ground.

Before my tragic death occurred, yeah I was very dramatic at the time, I felt two arms struggle to hold me up. I looked in surprise to see Hiro, using all his strength to help me.

And I won't let you fall
I won't let you Go!
No matter where you are
I'll be there
No matter where you are
I'll be there

"Thanks Hiro!" I grinned. He let go of me as I stood up properly, hugging him in reward of saving me.

"No problem (y/n)!" Hiro cheered and we continued to play our game.

Next flashback

Hiro and I were 14, I had feelings for him that were very strong, I didn't know if he liked me back though.

We met outside the cafe and he invited me inside eagerly for some reason.

He pulled me aside to his bedroom and whispered something in my ear. "I like you" he said. I gasped in shock and jumped on him, giving him a bone crushing hug.

So tear apart these giant hearts
That beat inside us now
Let's give ourselves our promises
Of our unending love!

He caresses my cheek and brought me in for a kiss, my first one to. Out of no where, Mochi their cat, crawled over to us and twisted in between our feet.

And I won't let you fall
(Won't let you fall)
I won't let you Go!
(Won't let you go!)
No matter where you are
(No matter where)
No matter where you are
(No matter where)
I'll be there

We both fell to the floor laughing. "Whoops" Hiro said as I rested my forehead against his. My life changed from that moment on.

Another flashback

It was a week after Tadashi's death and Hiro was depressed. I sat next to him and tried to comfort him. Nothing worked. He was broken. I had no idea on how to help.

I will be there!
No matter where you are
(No matter where)
No matter where you are
(No matter where)
I'll be there!

"I'm so sorry Hiro... Please feel happy, he wouldn't want you to be sad." I soothed. Hiro sighed and tried to smile.

"Thanks (y/n), you always know what to do at times like these" I smiled and hugged him.

I think I managed to help him. It wasn't much but it was a start and a start was exactly where I was heading, The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Flashbacks end

I sighed as I leant my head against Hiro's shoulder.

"Instead of sitting on our butts, let's do something." He said. Picking me up and carrying me outside. He stopped at a park in front of a cherry blossom tree.

He climbed up a branch and helped me up. I giggled as a butterfly flew past. "It's so pretty!" I gasped.

"Not as pretty as you." Hiro said, hugging me.

"Aww thank you boof head!" I giggled.

"I compliment you and you call me boof head?!" He said.

"I'm kidding! Your cute." I said.

(I will be there!)
No matter where you are
(No matter where)
No matter where you are
I'll be there
I'll be there...

Hiro grinned and helped me down from the tree. I jumped and he caught me, twirling me around before placing me on the ground. I hugged his chest tightly.

"I love you Hiro." I whispered.

"I love you to." He mumbled back, kissing my forehead then lips.

No matter where you are...
I'll be there.